Sunday, August 31, 2014

Around Our House

This week was full of lots of happy things!

First, Monday was Bradley's 3rd birthday!! I can't believe he is 3. It was a fun day. He was so excited for his birthday this year. It's fun we have entered the stage where he knows it's coming and looks forward to it. Normally I would have taken him somewhere fun like the museum or zoo, but since I'm still adjusting to 2 kids I didn't want to do that alone. So we picked up Tommy at work, got McDonald's and went to play at a park which was just as fun for him. We had an M&M cake (all 3 sizes of M&Ms!) and he loved it. His big presents were a tent and tunnel and Duplo Legos and then he got a few small things like a puzzle, book, game, and playdough. He had a blast opening presents.
Tuesday I took the boys to the doctor. Caleb was back up to his birth weight! Hooray! That relieved a lot of stress that I had been feeling.
Thursday we paid off our car!!! Yippppppeeeee! That means we are completely debt free (besides our house). 18 months ago we started working really hard to pay off our student loan and our car. It feels so exciting to have completed that goal. :)

I took the boys out for an adventure all by myself on Thursday. I'm gaining confidence in doing that. We went on a hike at Keehner park. It was a lot of fun and Bradley really enjoyed it.

Tommy has been around so much and it is wonderful. He has been leaving later in the morning and coming home earlier. Plus he worked from home Wednesday morning and Thursday afternoon and took Friday off. We are really enjoying this slow work period while it lasts!
After a rough few days, Caleb is making progress with sleep and eating without throwing up. That makes me happy and it's fun to see him starting to put a little fat on his skinny thighs.
The only bad parts about this week were all related to health. Last Sunday I stopped pumping because my milk supply was up so much, but I ended up getting mastitis....ugh. Sunday night when we went to bed, I was shivering so much and then in the middle of the night when feeding Caleb, my temperature was 102. Luckily my dr was very fast to get me an antibiotic, so I was starting to feel better by Tuesday and I just stayed on tylenol all day Monday, so it wasn't too bad.

Then Thursday Bradley developed a yucky cold and gave it to us all....including Caleb. Newborns shouldn't be allowed to get colds. It is so sad when they can't breath and therefore have a hard time eating. :( Tommy has ended up getting it the worse, which is unusual. But despite the colds, we have still had lots of fun the last few days going shopping and to the museum.
The bed Joslin slept on is now in Bradley's room, so he has 2 beds in his room. One night when we went in to check on him, we found him like this on the other bed. All his stuffed animals and the bins from his play kitchen were lined up perfectly and with the pillow it was like he caged himself in. It made us laugh. 

2 comments:

Heather Nicole said...

Go Caleb for gaining weight! I am sorry about the health issues though :/ Newborns definitely should not be able to get sick!

Jocelyn said...

SUCH a cute cake. I read this post when you first posted it, and Ellie looked at all the pictures with me and I told her that it was her friend Bradley, and then she kept mentioning him for the rest of his day. :) Happy belated birthday to Bradley!