Our Labor Day was good. We went to our Stake BBQ picnic. Tommy grilled ribs that night (yum!) and then we went to Target and Sonic. As we were driving to Sonic for ice cream we realized it was Monday and that we needed to have family night. We just did a quick one in the car and as Tommy and I were trying to decide who would give the lesson, Bradley said, "I do it!" and then this conversation happened:
Tommy: Okay what do you want to do the lesson on?
Bradley: Zero
Tommy: What about zero?
Bradley: Zero means ten. I want ice cream.
Tuesday my friend Hailee came over to help me take some pictures of Caleb and Bradley's 3 year old pictures. I was supposed to have my cousin take those pictures back when Caleb was a week old, but she lives 2 hours away and I was feeling too overwhelmed to go down there. So Caleb's newborn pictures will be of him at 3 weeks old instead. Hailee has a nice camera and my brother is editing them for me.
Wednesday we had playgroup at our house and Thursday we played at the library for a long time. Friday we did preschool (I'm just doing it with Bradley at home...and he LOVES it!). It was nice to have a more normal week and to have some good time with just my boys at home.
Tommy and I have recommitted to our weekly date nights. We have been bad at it for the last year or so. We are going to do mostly at-home dates and are taking turns being in charge of it. Last week Tommy was in charge and we did poetry writing. I was skeptical at first because I am horrible at poetry, but it was SO much fun! He wrote down 7 different types of poems (and some were not typical kinds) and the instructions for them on slips of paper. Then we came up with 14 topics or titles. We drew the type of poem for that round and then each drew a topic and then wrote a poem for that type. It was really fun and we laughed quite a bit. This week we did origami from some books I got at the library. It was surprisingly difficult. Yay for dates!
Saturday I got a 90 minute massage! It was my birthday/you-gave-birth-naturally-when-you-didn't-want-to present from Tommy. It was wonderful! I'm not sure I've ever felt that relaxed before. The masseuse and Tommy both said I had a glazed over look.
Saturday night we went to a community family movie in the park night. It was so fun! It was sponsored by a family-owned pharmaceutical company and it was all free. They had Chick-fil-a sandwiches, drinks, popcorn, ice cream, candy, face painting, and balloon animals all for free! Then they played Finding Nemo when it got dark. We met up with the Smiths there and had a great time. Bradley loved it all and got so excited when the movie started. We didn't stay for the whole thing since it was late, but we had a great time.
Caleb is getting big. It feels like he is starting to chunk up. He is starting to try to smile at us. When we make eye contact, he will often give me a half smile, like he is trying really hard to smile. It's so cute. His throwing up is still driving me crazy. I will definitely be asking the doctor about it this week at his 1 month appointment. It is so frustrating when we spend 30-40 mintues on a feeding and then he projectile vomits it all up all over me and him. And then I have to refeed him an hour or so later. It is not consistent though. One day this week he went an entire day without throwing up and I was so excited and then the next day he did it like 3 times. At least he is a cutie. :)
1 comment:
I loved reading this. I love your poetry/origami date idea; I'm totally going to steal that and use that this week, haha. And all the pictures are so cute! That movie in the park looks like it was really fun.
Caleb is adorable; I'm sorry to hear he's having issues throwing up. Hopefully the doctor does something. With Ellie's never-ending spitting up when she was a baby, I'm sure she had some type of reflux issue, but the doctor didn't give her anatacids until she was six months old. If I was in the same situation now, I'd push harder for them to do something earlier. Anyway, I hope they're able to help Caleb!
Post a Comment