Sunday, August 10, 2014

Around Our House

Still no baby. We've had some action this week I will elaborate on, but we are still just waiting.
enjoying cream cheese brownies
Monday morning Bradley was helping Tommy make eggs and when Tommy moved the pan to scrape it out, Bradley touched his whole hand on the hot burner. Ouch! It was a rough morning. I think he cried for about 3 hrs straight. Tommy changed his work plans so he could stay with him while I had a dr appt. He stayed in jammies all day and watched a lot of tv. It was a second degree burn and he got big blisters on his palm and on each of his fingers. It is healing nicely though. He had a mummy hand most of the week, but now we are using less bandages. It's still pretty sensitive and he won't use that hand, but it is looking better. It was a sad experience! He has now been veeery careful around hot things. Every time I have used the stove since he tells me, "Don't touch the stove. It's very hot."
My mom arrived Monday! I instantly felt much more relaxed knowing she was here (even though I haven't gone into labor yet!). We've had a great time playing waiting for the baby to come. We've gone to Ikea, Hobby Lobby, the outlet mall, Joann and eaten Graeters and gone on walks. I love when my mom visits!
Wednesday I went on 3 walks. I was having some contractions each time I walked. Around 2 am on Thursday I woke up with contractions that were starting to hurt. Close to 4 am Tommy woke up with me. They were about 5 mins apart and uncomfortable. We decided to go on a walk in our neighborhood around 4:20 am (a very strange time for a walk!). On that walk they were about every 2 to 3 mins apart and I had a hard time walking through them. We decided to go to the hospital. The nurse said I was dilated to about a 4. We walked the hallways and waited an hour and then the resident on call measured me at close to a 5, so they admitted me and said we would have a baby that day. We were very excited! They put in my IV and took my blood and moved us into our delivery room. Shortly after, every thing slowed down, even though we walked the hallways for hours. I started getting really frustrated that the contractions were stopping. My dr came in the early afternoon to check on things. He guessed I wasn't actually as far along as they had said and when he checked he said I was really only at like a 3. ahhh! It was super frustrating. We had been at the hospital for 8 hrs for nothing. They said we could wait it out if we wanted, but we decided to come home - which was a really good choice because my contractions pretty much stopped and I have had nothing as intense since! It was very disappointing...but okay. I've been having contractions on and off since, but nothing like those.
Another big thing this week is that Joslin moved back to Arizona. It was a very sudden and unexpected decision on her part. She felt strongly she needed to be back closer to her mom and the younger siblings. I think it will be a good decision for everyone, but it did surprise us. Once she made the decision, she was was very anxious to get there so she packed everything and left Saturday morning. The YW brought over doughnuts that morning to say goodbye. We will miss her, but are happy she will be back closer to family.

No comments: