I am feeling huge and I hurt. The uncomfortable feelings and pain have gotten a lot worse this week. I am ready for this baby to be here. I have been daydreaming about what it will feel like to have him out (I know there will be a lot of other pains and soreness involved...but I am just so ready for a different kind of pain) and what it will feel like to hug my husband and sleep on my tummy! oh! I'm excited for that. :) The doctor I saw this week also said he thinks the baby will come a little early.
The Young Women in our ward have been earning quilt blocks throughout the year and then have been paired up with a RS sister to help them sew the quilts. I got to help Chrissy Rampton make her quilt and we had a great time. She is a natural with sewing and easily kept me entertained the whole time. I love that girl!
I have been reading "The Child Whisperer" and really enjoying it. I have learned a lot about Bradley and his energy type through the book. He is the "fun-loving" type. Mostly, he feels loved when having fun with someone, seeks to make friends, main goal is to make others happy, etc.
Example from this week: One day this week I sat down in my rocking chair and started to cry. He looked concerned and crawled up in my lap and immediately started trying to play a game with me that had made me laugh the day before. He was trying so hard to be silly and cute just to make me smile or laugh. I recognized what he was doing and smiled and hugged him but told him that mommy just needed to cry for a minute (my energy type is one that needs to cry sometimes). Then he just sat in my lap and hugged me. It was such a sweet moment. In the past I think I would have felt annoyed that he wasn't being sensitive to the fact that I was sad and would have wanted him to go away with his silliness, but recognizing that he was trying to cheer me up actually made me feel a lot better.
Another example: We had the Elders over one night and Bradley entertained us all at dinner. Once he saw he could make us laugh with his funny faces, he kept doing it and got this forced, loud laugh like in the video. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. We finally had to force ourselves to stop laughing though because he wouldn't have stopped if we had kept laughing. Funny, funny boy.

1 comment:
You are so close! The last few weeks are totally the most uncomfortable and the anticipation doesn't help either! Bradley is so fun loving--I wish we were closer! Love you!
Post a Comment