Tuesday, July 8, 2014

5 Years!

Tommy and I have been married for five years today!
We had always planned on doing something bigger and traveling for our 5 year anniversary....but then we found out I would be 8 months pregnant, so we changed our plans. We got to celebrate this past week while Tommy's family was here visiting and offered to keep Bradley for us. We knew we wouldn't have much time away since we didn't want to take too much time away from the family and Tommy's work schedule, so we decided to stay in Cincinnati and do fun things here. It was so perfect!

We started by window shopping and then going to the spa for massages and pedicures (I had never used my gift card for the massage that tommy got me 2 christmases ago, so we decided to use it together, which made me happy). It was our first time for massages and we are both hooked. Man it was awesome! It was Tommy's first pedicure. The whole afternoon was really fun and relaxing. They even brought us a tray of fruit, cheese cubes, and crackers with drinks...made us feel like royalty or something. We very much enjoyed the afternoon and may make the massage part an anniversary tradition.
window shopping. We didn't get any pictures at the spa.
Then we went out to eat at The Cheescake Factory. Yum. We walked around that mall for just a few minutes and then went and saw "The Fault in our Stars" and both loved it. We got a nice hotel that evening in Blue Ash...not very far from our house, which felt a little silly but still felt like a get-a-way.
One of "our songs" starts with "We should get jerseys cause we make a good team." We sing it to each other often. Tommy bought us jerseys! Funny thing is, I had the exact same idea but never got around to getting them made. :) We are the same. 
In the morning we grabbed breakfast at Panera Bread and then went and rented pedal boats at Sharonwoods lake. It was so fun! It was a gorgeous day with no humidity and low temps. We felt a little silly in our bright blue sparkly pedal boat, but I have wanted to do that since we moved here so it fulfilled a little dream. We had a great time just talking, watching turtles, fish, and birds, and sharing a scone. I really enjoyed it all!
We only ended up being away for about 24 hrs, but it was so nice. We've never done anything for an anniversary other than go out to eat, so it was fun to do more and not have to worry about Bradley. One of my gifts from Tommy was the promise we will do something big next year. He has enough frequent flyer miles now to get us to Hawaii or Alaska (for an Alaskan cruise...something we have always wanted to do). So we have a year to save for that and by then the baby will be old enough to leave. Excited for that!

I am so grateful for Tommy and the wonderful life we have built together. I look forward to seeing what the next 5 years have in store for us. Go us! :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary---a little late! I thought about you guys on the 8th. I'm so glad that Tommy's family was in town so you and Tommy could just take off. AND I love the jersey's!!!