Monday we went swimming with the Ramptons (two of my seminary students and their family). It was a great pool and a lot of fun. B struggled at first because it was naptime and a new pool for him, but he eventually got braver and had fun.
Tuesday we went swimming again, with Hailee and Reece. Bradley did so good that day! I think having the exposure to the pool two days in a row was so good for him. He still wanted to play on the stairs the majority of the time, but he didn't fight me when I took him out in the water, he was blowing bubbles, he was getting onto the bottom stair by himself even without his floaties on, and by the end I was getting him to jump off the side to me (huge for him!). yay! It was so fun and I love the way B and Reece interact.
Wednesday we had playgroup and had a small surprise celebration for Hailee and her new baby (born yesterday!!). We just kept it small with us four that attend playgroup, but we had fun. We just had yummy food and gave her diapers.
Thursday Tommy left for our Stake Trek. He's been growing his facial hair for the last 2 weeks at the request of the young men in our ward. :)
Bradley and I went to a park Thursday morning for visiting teaching and then walked around Ikea. Shauna was originally going to come over for a girl's night that night, but had to cancel due to her husband's work schedule. I was so sad. Normally I would have just brushed it off and been fine, but for some reason it was making me so sad. I had no real plans with anyone for Friday and I just couldn't imagine not talking to someone other than a 2 year old until Saturday, so I just told her I was sad. Well, being the amazing friend she is, she left her husband and son at home and came over right then for about an hour and a half until her husband had to go to work. It made such a difference for me and I loved it! Love her.
Friday, our town had a "Touch a Truck" event for kids where they lined the street with all kinds of trucks and vehicles (firetrucks, ambulances, police cars, cement truck, cherry picker, SWAT cars, buses, dump truck, helicopters, etc) and kids could see and climb in them. Bradley LOVED it! He was so so good. He held my hand the whole time and was really good about getting out when I said to give other kids a turn. I think he was pretty mesmerized by them all. The helicopters all arrived while we were there and circled around everything really low and landed in the field right next to us and then took off again. He thought that was pretty awesome. It was extremely hot and sunny though...not sure why I showered before going. We went into the library for a few minutes to cool off which helped. It was a really fun little date with my boy. Normally I go to things like that with Tommy or a friend, but I'm really glad it was just us two. :)
Friday night we made cookies and Saturday ran errands to get ready for the Montoyas coming again. Tommy got home around 2:30 and his family arrived around 9.
Trek went really well. They had crazy mud! The kids were muddy up to their thighs, but everything went really well and Tommy really enjoyed it and had a great experience.
| All the adult leaders' phones charging. |
| These girls took selfies on everyone's phones as they were charging. |
1 comment:
I've been wanting to call you forever, but with moving it'll probably have to wait until we get to North Carolina.
Your week sounds like it was fun! I'm glad Bradley was able to get back on schedule. Trips/schedule changes can be so hard on toddlers. It's nice when you can relax and things can go back to normal. The "touch a truck" event sounds fun, too. I'm glad Bradley liked it. :)
I'm jealous Tommy got to go on a trek! I got to go on one before my freshman year of high school, and during my senior year. They were both awesome and such great experiences. Awesome for Tommy!
Post a Comment