We drove down Sunday after dinner (about 24 hrs after B and I got back from Delaware). Tommy was able to get a suite at a nice hotel. He knew it wouldn't be fun for me if I had to be in the same room as B the whole week with naps and sleeping. Bradley did great with sleeping the whole week and everything went really well.
The hotel had a fantastic breakfast that we enjoyed each morning, Bradley and I ate sandwiches and things I had in the hotel for lunch, and we went out for dinner each night. It was such a nice break from cooking and preparing meals! And Tommy's meals were all covered since he was there for work, so we only had to pay for mine. It was so nice.
Monday, the people that Tommy was supposed to meet with weren't there, so he ended up only working about half a day. We went swimming that afternoon. Then we enjoyed Chuy's mexican restaurant. We don't have good mexican food in Cincinnati and we were so excited by how good it was. Then we looked it up and they just opened one on the far side of cincinnati! Hooray! We walked around a few stores and explored the area. Then we got Blue Bell ice cream! The fast food place in the Walmart there served it and I was so excited. Of course, we enjoyed that.
Tuesday through Thursday Tommy worked full days. Bradley and I enjoyed doing some shopping in the area, swimming, exploring parks, and walking over to Jamba Juice (in the same parking lot as hotel) for our afternoon snack with the free hotel popcorn. There were times we were almost bored, but I actually really enjoyed being bored. It was so nice to just lounge and take slow days without having seminary or chores.
| B put his shorts on wrong and got stuck. hah |
We drove home Friday around lunch time. It was seriously such a fun week! Even though Tommy was working, it felt like we were on vacation. At the end of the week I felt much more rejuvenated and close as a family. I am so so so glad we decided to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment