Sunday, June 22, 2014

Around Our House

This week was a catch-up week. Since I was gone for 2 weeks and life had been crazy before we left, there was a lot to get done. Plus Tommy's mom and siblings came to visit this week so we had to get ready for them. Also, my nesting has hit full force and I suddenly want to clean out every closet and cupboard in my house.

Saturday, Monday and Tuesday were full days of painting baby's room, lots of cleaning, laundry, organizing and rearranging closets, etc.

Wednesday we went swimming at Hailee's house for playgroup. It was wonderful!!! After a super hot week and all the work I had been doing, I was so ready for a break and a good swim. I'm not sure getting in a pool has ever felt that good! Bradley did really well swimming with his floaties and gained a little more confidence with it.

Wednesday evening Tommy's mom and siblings arrived. They drove from AZ and stayed with us until Friday morning when they left to visit Tommy's brother Andrew in Delaware. They will return this next week and stay with us for a week. It was fun to have them for a short first visit though. And they were here for Tommy's birthday. Bradley had a blast with Sam and Sariah! He was pretty hyper most of the time they were here and didn't sleep well because he just wanted to play, but they had a lot of fun.

Tommy turned 25 on Thursday! Hooray! We can finally rent a car after nearly 5 years of marriage. haha. I made cinnamon rolls for him for breakfast. Tommy's family watched B for us so we could go to lunch together. That was really nice and fun. Then that night we just had dinner and a party at home and played games. I think he enjoyed his day. What an awesome guy!
Friday I went to lunch with Shauna for her belated birthday. I always enjoy a good visit with her! Friday night we had the Stices over for games.

One of Tommy's birthday presents was the promise of new shoes. So on Saturday we went to the outlet mall and found a great pair for him. Then I got my hair cut in the afternoon. I chopped it off! I had a dream earlier this week that I went to the girl who cuts my hair and said, "chop it! I have to have it off my neck!". It made me laugh - I must have been hot in the middle of the night. I hadn't even thought about cutting my hair, but after that I couldn't stop thinking about it. Tommy told me to go for it and I love it! It's different than I've ever had it, but it is easy and cool...perfect.
 
Tommy and Bradley had a lot of fun playing blocks this weekend and B is now really loving them. 
Teaching him what a sit up is. :)

1 comment:

Heather Nicole said...

Jill, your hair looks fantastic. I love keeping up with your family, thanks for sharing.