Sunday, April 27, 2014

Around Our House

Monday Tommy accidentally forgot his lunch at home. After swimming class, Bradley and I packed our own lunch and took Tommy's to him at work. It was a gorgeous day and we had fun just eating our lunches all together in the car with all the windows down. B had fun playing in the car and getting to see Daddy during the day.

I got to go to Time Out For Women this weekend. It was so enjoyable! It was my first time and I loved it. I left feeling so uplifted and inspired. I definitely learned a lot and it was a nice weekend. I had a good time with the friends I was with.
Tommy and Bradley had a really fun time together while I was gone. Friday night they went to sonic and shared a hot fudge sundae. B loved that he got to sit on the front seat of Dad's car while they ate and kept asking for "the lady to come back" (the waitress). Then they walked around Walmart just looking at stuff. Tommy let B walk just holding his hand, without a cart, and that thrilled B. He enjoyed looking at toys. They came home and played with trains. Saturday they spent the whole day outside working and playing. They went to Lowe's and got some supplies and then got so much done in the yard.
The best moment for me was Bradley's reaction to me coming home. Apparently B had kept asking, "when mama come back?" When I texted Tommy telling him we were leaving downtown, he told Bradley that I was coming home and Bradley got super excited and ran to the door. :) When I actually pulled in, they were waiting for me in the driveway. Bradley had the biggest smile and was waving like crazy. Tommy said he went crazy when he saw my car and was super giddy. He ran into the garage kinda dancing and gave me a huge hug. It was so so cute!

A few Bradley things:
For at least the last 6 months, he has been a really picky eater. He got to the point where it was torture to get him to eat a few bites of veggies and he wouldn't even touch fruit. The only way I could make sure to get him fruits and veggies was through our green smoothies. Well, in the past week or two something has switched in him and he now eats so well! Like eating bananas, apples, and pears again and strawberries for basically the first time since he was a baby (seriously so weird...I could never even get him to try them before). And begging for more cucumbers and carrots, and eating all his peas at dinner! It is so nice!!! And we have definitely seen a change in his weight. He had become pretty skinny in his middle area and at his last Dr's appointment he had only gained 4 oz in 6 months. This last week he has bulked up and is looking much thicker and chubby again. He's also been sleeping really well, so I think he will grow a lot soon.

One morning I asked him what he wanted for breakfast and he said, "Eggs. I don't want pepper." He used to always want salt and pepper on everything, but lately he doesn't want pepper on anything so I said okay. As I was scrambling the eggs I tried to sneak a little pepper in because I like pepper on mine and he normally doesn't actually care. He saw me do it and told me again he didn't want any. I just said okay sorry. And he said, "Pepper just on mama's." Halfway through eating his eggs he noticed a little flake of pepper. He carefully picked it up, looked at it, and said, "It's pepper. I say no pepper!" It cracked me up big time. He said it so matter-of-factly and like he was annoyed that he had to tell me so many times he didn't want pepper. I guess I will listen to him. :)
We went on a walk last night after I got home. Bradley ran the entire way. He looked so big in basketball shorts, a t-shirt, and running shoes. His running has really improved lately and he is much less clumsy. We could barely keep up with him. He stopped and talked to all the people and dogs we saw. When it was time to leave our neighborhood playground instead of being sad he just yelled, "bye!!" to the other people there and started running again. When we were almost home he tripped and skinned his knees. He hasn't had much experience with that yet and was sad, but still wanted to keep going so we let him. Within 1 minute he tripped again and skinned them again...that time it was not okay. He cried for so long once we got home. He just kept saying over and over, "hurt Bradley!" It was sad, but I somehow couldn't help smiling that my boy is big enough to need comfort over skinned, bleeding knees. I'm sure it is just the beginning of that.

1 comment:

Glenene said...

Dad enjoyed the pepper story!