I have really been having fun making baby's quilt. I just really really enjoy when I have a fun sewing project. My problem is I can't always think of something to sew. I am enjoying the challenge of this project and loving how it's turning out. Next up will be curtains. :)
Thursday night I went to our monthly RS activity. It was a series of 3 classes on low sugar diet, exercise, and overcoming insecurities. I really enjoyed it all and had fun seeing women from my ward.
This weekend was so incredibly nice and much needed! Tommy had Good Friday off and I didn't have seminary. We pretty much spent the entire weekend outside. On Friday we went to the zoo in the morning. It was fairly crowded, but beautiful and fun. We worked in the yard all afternoon, went out for pizza for dinner, and then a nice walk at VOA. That night we had a new couple who just moved into our ward (the Stices) over for games and dessert. It was fun to get to know a new couple.
The peacock fanned his feathers for us.
We sat on a bench and waited for the train to go by (it was in a place where the train was elevated up high). Bradley got so excited and loved waving to it.
Our zoo is currently having their tulip festival and it is beautiful!
The Stices brought apple streusel bars for dessert on Friday and then left a plate with some of the extra. On Saturday morning Bradley got up before we were up and ready to come downstairs so we just told him to go downstairs and start playing. After a few minutes Tommy kept saying he was being too quiet so he finally went down and checked on him. Bradley was sitting on the floor with the plate eating the top off of all of the bars and said very excitedly, "Daddy!! Cake!!!!" It was pretty hilarious to see how excited he was. And he was definitely not happy with us when we took it away.Saturday morning we ran to Lowes and then enjoyed our outdoor outlet mall. I was hoping to find some maternity clothes, but not a single store even had them. Tommy on the other hand found some great deals and got some new work clothes. (Every time we go shopping for me, it seems I don't find anything and we come home with stuff for Tommy...so not fair) We spent the rest of the day working and playing in the yard more. After dinner we colored our easter eggs! I have a lot of my dad in me and I love that tradition. :) That night we enjoyed just getting to watch a movie together. That used to be such a normal thing for us, but it hasn't happened in SO long with how busy we've been. We now only ever have time for a 20 or 40 min tv show so it was nice to get to watch an actual movie together.
Daddy spoiled Bradley while they were waiting for me at the outlets by letting him ride his first little ride. He loved it.
Easter Sunday was a very nice day. We did a little egg trail for Bradley from his room to his basket downstairs. As soon as he figured out there were a couple of jellybeans in the eggs, he just wanted to stop and eat them, but we managed to make it to the basket. He got a new set of puzzles and a book. As Tommy read him the new book, Bradley quickly tried to open and eat as many candies as he could before we took them away. Haha that boy and his sweet tooth (I have no idea where he got that...)! Church was wonderful. We had Adam Smith over for dinner because his family is out of town. After Bradley was in bed, Tommy and I enjoyed a nice walk and sitting on our swing.Our weekend together was so so nice. We had no church or work obligations, which hasn't happened in so long and I just wanted to soak it all up. I was pretty bummed going to bed Sunday night, knowing it was over and it was back to normal responsibilities. Thank goodness for relaxing 3-day weekends every once in a while!
Bradley has been saying several funny phrases lately:
-Every once in a while he will start a sentence with, "Well, actually..."
-Anytime you ask him a question (especially if it's a question about where something is) he starts with, "Ummm I thinking it's...." The way he says it is so cute and we ask him more questions just to hear him say it more.
-This week he started saying, "What? What did you say?" in a quiet high pitched voice anytime we tell him something he doesn't want to hear. It is so funny! So if I say, "Bradley, come here please" or "Time to clean up toys", he gets a sly little face and says, "What did you say?" and he will just keep saying it even if I repeat myself. Clever.
2 comments:
Haha. Bradley is very clever! I love your new chairs...they look so nice! I can't wait to see the quilt you are making! So so happy that you had a relaxing weekend with your boys!
I had the same issue with maternity clothes. I ended up signing up for Old Navy emails and getting a coupon about once a week. You can buy from their maternity section or shop in the tall section and order a size up (I may have 2 mens' tall v neck shirts that were staples those last few weeks of pregnancy).
Their maxi skirts are soo comfortable.
Post a Comment