Because the divestiture contract was signed and everything was announced this week, there was a lot of work this week. On Tuesday he got to work at 6:30 AM and didn't get home until 12:30 AM on Wednesday (18 hr work day) and then returned to work again at 6:30 AM. We knew this would happen because they had to wait for the contract to be signed and train all the managers and then prepare everything for the announcement to the employees on Wednesday. So it wasn't surprising, but I still felt so bad for him! He actually packed a bag just in case it was going to be even later and wasn't worth coming home. He picked out the couch he would have slept on. Crazy stuff. But all that being said, he has loved this experience! He has gotten some really neat opportunities and has learned a ton. I am just really grateful that crazy part is all done and I will be able to have my husband back. :)
Monday was Bradley's first day of swimming lessons at the YMCA. It is a mommy-and-me class because he is under 3, so I get to do it with him. Bradley is very cautious and unsure in the water and I want him to be more comfortable. We just haven't had enough consistent time in the pool. This is a 6 week course that will end just in time for summer. I am very excited about it and was very impressed with the class and instructor. B was definitely nervous for part of it, but I can already see some improvement. Hopefully it helps him enjoy the water more! I told my friend Hailee I was doing it and she decided to do it too! So her and Reece are there with us, which is fun. :)
I went to Joanns this week and picked out fabric for the baby's quilt I'm going to make. It was fun and I'm excited to have a fun sewing project.
I went to VOA park with Leigh Hurd on Thursday. The weather has been so nice and the boys had so much fun running around. Bradley was running laps around the playground and had a blast playing outside for quite a while. Then we had lunch at chick-fil-a and it was really fun.
I got less than 4 hours of sleep Thursday night, so I was expecting Friday to be a difficult day. After seminary and breakfast I was so tired and told B that mommy was tired and needed a nap. I laid down in our recliner and told him to play quietly. An HOUR later I woke up and he was playing so well! I couldn't believe that he let me rest for a full hour without disturbing me. He had put together all of his puzzles, played with cars and blocks and was just really really good. It was totally unexpected and made me happy. I'm glad he's getting old enough to understand things like that. After that we went on a really fun walk, sat on our driveway and talked about random things and all the stuff we saw, and then we had lunch outside on our picnic table. He was just so so sweet to me that day and made me laugh so many times. I loved that I thought it would be a hard day, and it ended up being such a good one!
Tommy had a Scout campout Friday night, had to chaperon Mormon Prom Saturday, has church meetings tonight, and a work dinner tomorrow night.....after such a crazy week. He has been so busy! He has felt bad about it so he very cutely asked me to the Prom with him, so that we could have some time together.
Chrissy Rampton babysat B for us. I love her! She is one of my seminary students and such an awesome girl.
The prom was actually quite fun. They served a really delicious dinner that we got to eat with the other chaperons and then we had 3 full hours to just talk, eat cookies, giggle at awkward teenagers, and dance. It's pathetic we had to use a youth dance as our date, but it was quite enjoyable.
This week we moved Bradley into the bathroom with Joslin. He has been using ours, pretty much since she moved in for showers and potty and I finally decided he needed to move out. It has been a really good change. With that, we have started teaching him to clean the bathroom. So now every week he will be in charge of cleaning the mirror and sink/counter and Joslin will do the rest. He LOVED it! I, of course, had to help a lot because he is 2, but he really liked it.
Funny things Bradley said this week:
On our walk on Friday, he spent most of the time running in front of me, but a few times he slowed down to walk right next to me, intentionally started to swing his arms and said, "ummm, sooo..." and then jabbered unrecognizable things basically trying to pretend to have an adult conversation with me. It cracked me up!
He sat on the counter one day helping me make a green smoothie (which he calls juice). He started spelling the letters on the blender and when he finished he said, "Spells Bradley! Nooo. Spells juice!"
One morning we were rocking together and out of nowhere he said, "Ahm! (like a biting noise) I bite Pooh Bear's honey!" I laughed and repeated it and he said, "yes, I take it." I wanted to remember it because it made me laugh so I was planning to write it down when I got up. Of course, I forgot and a few hours later I couldn't remember what he had said that made me laugh. We were sitting at the table having a snack and more to myself than to him I asked, "what did you say earlier that was funny?" He responded with "ahm! I bite Pooh Bear's honey". It completely shocked me! Not only did he fully understand my question, but he recalled what had made me laugh. It really surprised me and made it double funny to me.
This morning when Tommy got B up, he brought him back to bed with us. B was laying between us and was trying to roll over but was stuck. He was struggling and instead of saying "stuck" he said, "suck suck, I suck". Haha we laughed pretty hard.
Wearing my apron:


No comments:
Post a Comment