Tuesday the weather was gorgeous! Shauna and Nathan came over to play and it was so fun! Shauna helped me brainstorm some stuff for baby's room and the boys played really well together. Then we sat outside on the swing enjoying the weather while the boys played with water and B got soaked (at least he was really happy!). We were having such a great time, so Shauna kindly went and bought a pizza for a picnic lunch. It was really such a nice day.
Tuesday we also celebrated 2's! It was Tommy's first official day being promoted to Band 2, I turned 20 weeks pregnant, and of course, Bradley is 2! I surprised Tommy with a small little celebration. He grilled burgers and we had brownie sundaes with 2 scoops of ice cream. We honestly didn't do much, but it was fun to celebrate.
Thursday I finally got to visit Jen Simon. I haven't gotten to hang out with her in so long and I loved getting caught up with her.
Friday Bradley and I went to the children's museum. For some reason I was expecting it to not be very busy....ha! It was the busiest I have EVER seen it. I guess between spring break, a few school groups, and then the regular moms it was crowded. We stayed for about an hour and a half, but the crowd was driving me nuts. B didn't mind, but it made it hard for me to really play with him. I finally just took him to the regular museum part to see the train models (which he loves!) and that was much less crowded. It was a really fun date with my little man.
Friday night the Smiths and Scott Jones came over for games and oreo milkshakes and banana splits....yes we had both. :)
This weekend was General Conference which is always nice! Anytime Bradley sees or hears a general authority speak, he says, "prophet!". This weekend we started using the apostle word and their names to clarify.
Before conference and in between sessions on Saturday we were really productive. We took the Saturn in for a tune-up, went to Lowe's, and got a few things done around the house. Then in between we went to Sams and bought a storage box and picnic table for our backyard (hooray!), got them put together, and picked up the Saturn. Then after conference we got a new table and chairs. We bought them from some friends. We have never had chairs that match our table. We like our table better than the new one, so we are still using it, but the new chairs are at least the same color! It looks so nice! So it was a day of new big things for our house!
Bradley has seemed really old to us lately. He is definitely growing up. He is becoming much more independent and we can now understand just about everything he says. He is speaking in more complete sentences and he is able to more fully communicate what he wants, instead of just saying a couple words at a time. It's really fun to see the change in him.
| Helping Dad make waffles |
1 comment:
Is it just me or does Bradley look "more grown up" in these pictures??? Maybe I am just comparing them to the pictures in the previous post (when he was younger with the car). I am so glad that you have matching chairs now--you should post a picture! I know it feels good to get something new for your home. And as always, you guys have so much fun!
Post a Comment