I am especially sad about them leaving my childhood home. I was only 4 when we built and moved into our house. I can't exactly explain why, but that house has always meant so much to me. It was a place full of fun and love and I have a lot of memories there. When I walked into the house my first Christmas in college, after being away for several months, I couldn't help but start to cry. I had never realized how much I missed home and how much I loved that house until that moment. It is a very special place to me. It brought me so much joy to take my husband there and to watch my son play with my old toys in our fun playroom and see him run around outside with my cat. It breaks my heart Bradley won't remember it and my other children will never visit there. (Luckily, Grandma's house will always be fun...no matter where it is). I cried for the first hour of our drive when we left in November because I knew it was my last time there. It is a well-loved place that will definitely be missed.
I don't think I have fully internalized this change. My parents have always been so stable and constant and it is just weird to me that their life is changing so much. Although I do recognize what a good thing it is for them, it is still just hard to say goodbye to your home.
So goodbye Texas, Skyhawk Ln, Barbers Hill schools, Baytown ward, and the many people who have impacted me there! You will be missed!
| Barbers Hill Eagle in my high school |
![]() |
| During building |
![]() |
| Just moved in and so excited about all the space. |






1 comment:
I cried too the last time I left (after the family reunion)
-Dave
Post a Comment