Monday, March 3, 2014

Around Our House

Warning: This is really really long. It's mostly for my own records, so don't get annoyed at the details.
Monday Bradley had his 2.5 year checkup at the doctor. I must not have done a good job at explaining what would happen there because when I had to take his clothes off, he freaked out and cried the whole time the nurse was in there taking his measurements. Then he calmed down, but when the doctor came in he just said, "no I don't want it." The doctor was super good though and made a game of everything and B actually loved it all. He was super cute answering the doctor's questions and it just made me happy. Afterwards we wandered around Joanns and I loved that.

Tuesday I had a doctors appointment and took B with me, so he was kinda excited about it. He was really good and everything is great with the baby. Hearing the heartbeat always makes me happy and calms any silly fears I might have. Della (the dog) went home that day and it was SO nice to have our house back to normal!

Tuesday evening we got Graeter's to celebrate Bradley's half birthday.
Wednesday morning after a stressful meeting for Tommy, he took me to the airport! My sisters and I got together in Florida (at Julie's house while her husband was out of town) and it was so fun! It was my first time ever leaving Bradley overnight and it was MUCH harder than I expected it to be. I had been pretty excited about getting a break, but it broke my heart leaving him. I have been with him every single day of his 2.5 years, plus the 9 months of pregnancy and it caused me a lot of anxiety being away from him. I'm sure the pregnancy hormones added to the emotions, but I definitely missed him.

I first flew to Baltimore where my plane stopped, but I didn't have to change planes. Melanie joined me on that flight and it was so fun to get to be with her and Wesley the rest of the way to FL! It was my first time meeting my six-week-old nephew and he was so cute and sweet! The only crappy part was that I threw up 3 times on that flight! Wow...it was gross and embarrassing and I felt really wimpy. Luckily I was sitting next to my sister and a sleeping man, so that was good. Stupid motion sickness combined with pregnancy.

Then we got picked up by Julie and it was so fun to be together. The ride home took twice as long as it was supposed to because of traffic, and both babies were screaming, plus other kid noises from Julie's other 3 kids, plus we were all starving, plus she almost ran out of gas. Haha! It was humorous, but we were happy to get to Julie's house where we could all rest and eat. That night we just hung out and it was wonderful.

Thursday Julie's oldest 2 kids had school and she dropped off Luke at a friend's house and we went shopping with just the 2 babies. It was SO fun!!!! We all bought new shoes, went out to lunch, and then spent forever at Old Navy. It was so nice to wander around and pick up whatever I wanted to try on. I love shopping with sisters where you show off every single thing you try on. It was seriously a blast and I got several things for this pregnancy. Then we got take out BBQ and skyped with our mom that night.
Friday we went to the beach. It was a little colder than you would normally want at the beach (it was super super windy), but Melanie and I loved being outside in the sun. We just laid on a blanket and talked. Michael had fun playing, but Luke just sat in the wagon and cried until Julie held him. There is something so relaxing about the beach! Julie needed to go to Costco so we decided to go that evening and eat dinner there and wander around. Well, the restaurant part was closed for maintenance and the nursing moms were starving, so we just quickly got what we needed and then went through the drive thru at Chick Fil A.
I love that Spencer is zipped into Julie's jacket. :)
Saturday morning we took Melanie and Wesley to the airport. Julie and I were planning to take her kids to the children's museum but Luke had a cough and we were so tired, so we just came home and talked and rested until she took me to the airport. As we were pulling into the airport, I got a text saying my flight from Baltimore to Dayton was cancelled. NOOOO!!!! There was supposed to be a big storm hitting, but I thought I would get in before it hit. They rescheduled me for Sunday, but I was pretty sure that would get cancelled because the storm was supposed to be worse on Sunday. I was so so so grateful I found out while I was still with Julie and could just go back to her house. It worked out well for her because I was able to stay with her kids that night while she drove to Orlando to pick up Mike.

Tommy and I were both really discouraged. The week had ended up being really difficult for Tommy. He unexpectedly had an insane week at work and he was so stressed with me not being home to help. Luckily he was able to drop off B at Hailee's house for Friday morning. It all worked out, but I had been weirdly upset about it all and really emotional and Tommy was stressed (very unlike him). He really missed me. The biggest complication was that Tommy was unexpectedly supposed to go to Denver for the day on Monday and if my flight for Sunday got cancelled then I wouldn't have been home to take over things here. I knew I had people who could help, but I seriously had so much anxiety about being away from B and then all of this on top of it was really a lot to handle. I woke up in the middle of the night on Saturday and had a panic attack. I've never had anything like that, but I was really struggling. I had to concentrate on my breathing and my body wouldn't stop shaking. After about an hour, I was able to calm down enough to go back to sleep.

Sunday Julie took me to the airport again. I kept waiting to hear my flight was cancelled, but it never was! It was totally a miracle! I had a 3 hr layover in Atlanta and the whole time I just kept getting more and more excited that it hadn't been cancelled yet. I felt a HUGE sense of relief when they started boarding and when I sat down in my seat. I can't even describe how good it felt to know I was going home to my boys. I still can't believe they cancelled the flight Saturday night (when there was really no weather problems) but didn't on Sunday when church was cancelled and the roads were bad. Tommy was able to come get me though and even though it took us twice as long to get home, we were both just so happy I made it. Tommy then connected with his coworker and they decided to push the Denver trip back a day until Tuesday because of weather. We all felt SO relieved!!!!

Bradley was so excited to see me and it completely melted my heart. During my panic attack Saturday, I had irrational thoughts like "Bradley won't remember me" or "we won't have the sweet connection we had before". I knew it was all false, but his reaction when he saw me was perfect and made me so so happy. I love that little boy! Tommy had a delicious roast waiting and they had made me a cake that afternoon. :) I love them!!!
Besides work being crazy, Tommy and Bradley had a lot of fun together while I was gone. They went to IHOP one night and Bradley loved the whip cream on his pancake. Friday night they had a pizza picnic while watching Peter Pan and they spent lots of time building trains and playing.
Sister's weekend was super super fun and I just love my sisters so much. They are definitely my best friends and I just really look up to them. I am so glad I got to go. And I was also so happy to make it home to my family. This week was a little bit of an emotional roller coaster (what else is new lately??), but it really was a great week.

No comments: