Monday, March 17, 2014

Around Our House

Monday Tommy had another day business trip to Boston to teach his Genderspeak class. Work is super duper picking up for him since he is basically doing 3 different jobs right now during his transition. But it is all going well, so that's good.

Bradley and I just had a normal week of playing around the house, visiting teaching, seeing a few friends, etc.

I have started feeling the baby move consistently! I think I felt it move a few random times the last few weeks, but was never quite sure. This week it was very obvious and I felt it a ton...way more than I remember Bradley moving this early on. Such a fun (and weird!) feeling. I will be 18 weeks tomorrow. :)

Tuesday evening after going somewhere that I can't remember (maybe a walk?) we played outside for a while. We introduced B to baseball and he loved it. So so cute.
Tommy and I went and saw Wicked on Wednesday!!! We used a Cheesecake Factory giftcard from Christmas (yum!!) and then went downtown for our show. It was so much fun! It's been a loooooong time since we've done a full, fancy date. This was my 3rd time seeing Wicked, but Tommy's first. He has always wanted to see it and I've always wanted to take him. This time we just splurged enough to make it happen. The show was amazing and we had a great time!
Thursday B asked for cookies ALL day. We didn't even have cookies, so I couldn't figure out why. When I told him we didn't have any he said, "MAKE cookies!!!" haha. After dinner I baked up a few from dough I had in the freezer. He was a happy boy. 
Our washer started leaking this week. The first time I noticed it wasn't too bad, so I started another load to watch it and it came gushing out so fast. Water got everywhere and even after I shut the washer off, I could still hear water and realized it was leaking into our basement. ah! Luckily it didn't do any damage and Tommy got home like 3 minutes later. We discovered it wasn't actually leaking into the basement, but leaking through the floor in one spot. We bought our washer used and it has always made weird noises, so I started looking at the budget to prepare to buy a new one this weekend. Tommy didn't have time to really look at it until Saturday, but I was fully prepared to go drop $800 on a new washer. Then Tommy was able to fix it!!! Turns out it was just a few socks that had gotten trapped inside and were clogging the water inlet pipe. Hooray! So we decided to go to dinner that night. $15 for dinner at Smashburger is much better than $800 on a new washer. :)

Saturday was a very productive day for us. Tommy and I both had church meetings all morning (seminary inservice for me, Trek meetings and training for Tommy), so Joslin played with Bradley. Then when we got home we cleaned and detailed our car, cleaned out and organized the coat closet, changed the oil, a trip to Walmart, and general house cleaning. It felt so nice! After our dinner at Smashburger we went for a nice walk at VOA.

 Other random pictures:
B "wearing" a tie like Dad. 

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I looove all these pictures of Bradley. He is just the cutest. And the story of him and the cookies is funny. That's fun that you and Tommy got to go to Wicked! Also, awesome that he was able to fix your washer! Funny that it was socks causing the problem; I guess they really do get sucked in to washing machines!