Tuesday I had the chance to go to lunch at IKEA with a bunch of ladies from the Liberty Ward. Bradley had a blast playing and I enjoyed getting caught up with a few of them. I definitely needed it that day and was grateful they invited me. I also got to visit Carissa later that afternoon, which was nice.
Wednesday and Thursday were weird, low days. Nothing was actually wrong, except my emotions and mood. My emotions have been a lot more up and down with this pregnancy, but I've made a few changes that I'm hoping will help and I got to talk to my old roommate Jocelyn who is awesome and helped me feel so much better.
Friday was a fantastic day! I spent the morning re-reading parts of Davy Ramsey's book (have I ever said how much I LOVE budgets and money planning?? It has definitely become a nerdy hobby of mine.) while Bradley played REALLY well. I had fun just watching him while reading. Then we went to the Ft Liberty park and met Shauna there. We ended up being there for 2 hrs. The weather was gorgeous and Bradley had a blast on that playground. He is definitely not a risky kid and kinda gets nervous on playgrounds. This playground was perfect for him to gain some confidence and he really had fun. Tommy got home early and we played outside more after naps. Then after dinner, we went and walked around the shopping area at Bridgewater Falls. We had been planning to come home and make a dessert, but randomly decided to stop at Panera Bread and share dessert there. Yum! It was such a nice day, especially after the funk I had been in the previous few days.
We are currently studying 3 Nephi in seminary and I have really enjoyed it. This week we studied when Christ came and it was very powerful for me. I put a lot of time and energy into the lessons and I felt my testimony grow a lot. Simply slowing down and really studying these chapters has made such a difference for me. And I have been overwhelmed lately with how much I love my students. They are amazing and I learn so much from them. Even though it is hard, I love my calling!
Saturday morning, Tommy and I went to the temple. We left at 7 am and since I have been forced to become more of a morning person with seminary, I didn't fall asleep on the way there. It was so nice to just talk and talk. It was a great morning.
Tommy had a much more flexible week at work and we also didn't have any other extra things in the evenings, so we could actually spend some good time together and it was so nice!
3 comments:
You guys are so cute! I love your St. Patrick's Day traditions!
You love St. Patrick's Day because you have Irish blood!!
I'm totally into financial/debt reduction stuff too! We don't even have any debt, lol. I just like reading about it. One site I like is bloggingawaydebt.com - you can follow people as they work to get rid of their debt. They just got four new writers. I also liked reading the archives of andthenwesaved.com, back when she wasn't spending any money and she was paying off her debt.
Post a Comment