Sunday, February 9, 2014

Around Our House

Tuesday night and Wednesday we had another big storm. It was several inches of freezing rain and snow. School was canceled and Tommy decided to work from home (as most of his coworkers did as well). I am so grateful he has a flexible job that allows him to change his plans and do that. It alleviates so much anxiety for me just to know that my little family is safe at home. Tommy said shoveling the driveway that day was a pain because it was about 3 inches of snow, with an inch of ice on top. So it was heavy and had to be broken up. It took him a lot longer than normal.

Friday evening was the highlight of my week. I have been in desperate need of a good date with my husband. This weather just makes me feel so cooped up and we have been so busy lately. We decided to go out to eat at Maggiano's Little Italy at Kenwood and then walked around the mall and bought me a much needed article of clothing. We had Bradley with us too, so it may not sound very fun...but it WAS! And it was so so so nice. Bradley was amazingly well behaved. He loved the restaurant and sat so quietly that Tommy and I were able to have a conversation as if he wasn't there. He was just so good and I loved that we had a little family date. Then we came home and cuddled up to watch the Olympics. :)

Saturday we had the missionaries over for breakfast and then I went to a brunch baby shower for my good friend Carissa put on by our ward. It was so fun to chat with all the amazing women in my ward. Tommy then was a chaperon the tri-stake Priest/Laurel conference.

Pictures from the week:
Bradley loves cookie dough! Just like his mama!
We watched Reece for a little while on Tuesday while Hailee was at the Dr. They are so adorable together!
 We finger painted as a family one evening in the time between dinner and bedtime. Our artwork was all very different, but we all agreed Bradley's was the best. :)
 Bradley wrapped up in our Sochi Olympic blanket. He looks almost like a Russian doll. 

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I LOVED the videos you posted this week! Bradley is so cute. I thought it was so funny how he ran over and tried to see himself on the video camera; Ellie does the same thing every single time I'm recording her. And I loved his "Yes. Yes." Plus I love your kitchen! I've told Jason so many times how I want white kitchen cabinets with yellow walls! One day I will have a kitchen, and it will look like yours. :)

It sounds like the weather over there has been crazy. That is so nice that Tommy can work from home when he needs to. And your date sounds fun; I'm glad you were able to get out. :)