I'm a day late, but here are my favorite things from this week:
- Tommy worked downtown on Tuesday and then had a dinner afterward. The high for Tuesday was only like 3 degrees and when Tommy went to start the Saturn to go to the dinner, it wouldn't start. It's been having a hard time with the cold weather. He caught a ride with coworkers to the restaurant. We agreed I would come to pick him up when he was done and then we would go back to the car to jump it. Well, I got stuck in traffic (at 7:30 at night???) and it took me an hour to get downtown (normally only 30 mins). He was able to get a ride back to the office so I just met him there and we were able to jump the car on the first try. It was a little bit frustrating, but also kinda funny. We were just grateful that the Saturn still worked.
- Tommy and I went to the temple on Wednesday evening. It was SO nice. It was just good to have 3 hrs in the car to talk and we had a good time there. We almost had the temple to ourselves (other than the workers and 1 other man) due to the cold weather we have been having, and it was kinda nice.
- My seminary class earned a breakfast at my house for passing off scripture masteries on Friday. It was a lot of fun. I made cinnamon rolls for the first time completely by myself. It's been one of my goals for a while and I really enjoyed it. Even though I was up until 11:45 the night before making them, I surprisingly had plenty of energy the next day.
- Saturday morning we went to the children's museum. And while it was a little busier than I prefer, Bradley had a great time. It was nice to go somewhere fun.



- We had Stake Conference this weekend. I really enjoyed the Saturday evening session and had fun sitting with Shauna and talking with her for a long time afterward. (since Tommy went to the priesthood session, he stayed home with B and let me go)
- For the past month or so we have been talking about and practicing reverence in our family home evenings. We walk around the house with arms folded and whispering. It has totally paid off. Bradley understands it and enjoys walking reverently. At Stake Conference, as we walked around the building before it started (and in the middle when we went potty), he folded his arms and walked so reverently, even when he saw friends. The Stake President saw him and told him "wow, you are being so reverent!" Bradley smiled proudly. :)
- Sunday evening we went to the Smith's house for the Superbowl, dinner, and games. It was a lot of fun. We aren't huge superbowl people, but Tommy and Joslin cared more this year because their family likes the Broncos. Bradley and Reece had so much fun together.
- January is finally OVER!!! It has seriously felt like one of the longest months of my life and I'm just glad it's over. I am already enjoying February more and the weather has been in the 30's instead of single digits, so it just feels so much better!
No comments:
Post a Comment