Let's start with Tommy. Tommy has a new assignment at work. We've known about it for a while, but it was announced at work this week so now we can talk about it. It includes a promotion to Band 2 (yipee!) and he will now be supporting the CBD (sales) group for Pet Care. He is excited for a new challenge. And he continues to amaze me (and P&G!) with how talented he is.
This week he went to Arizona for a conference with the new group. His mom and siblings already had plans to be down in Phoenix for the weekend, so Tommy flew out early to see them. He left early Sunday morning and got to spend Sunday and Monday with them. He stayed the first night at his aunt Katie's house and the second night at his aunt Kim's house before going to the resort where the conference was. He had a great time seeing his family and enjoying the warm weather! He enjoyed long walks, an outdoor mall, reading outside, and swimming. He also got to attend the new Gilbert temple open house with Kim's youth group. He had a great week.
I survived the week without Tommy. Normally I try to fill my schedule while Tommy is gone to keep me busy, but this week we didn't have much. I saw a couple of friends, but mostly they were already busy this week. I don't really have any projects I'm working on right now, and I didn't want to go to stores where I would be tempted to spend money. So we just ran some basic errands and mostly hung out at home. By Wednesday I was going a little crazy so I called Carissa to see if she wanted to go to lunch the next day (I was planning to take her for her birthday this next week, but we just did it early). That helped me at least have something to look forward to.
| Bradley wearing one of Daddy's ties |
Bradley had a blast on Thursday playing in the sink while I got other stuff done.
Seminary was really good this week. I had originally gotten a sub for 2 of the days Tommy would be out of town because I wasn't sure how I would handle seminary when Tommy was gone. Tommy is my rock and offers me a lot of emotional support when it comes to seminary and I was worried how it would be without him (especially because it is emotionally draining on me when he's gone anyways). But I decided to cancel my sub and just hold seminary at my house this week so that I wouldn't have to worry about Bradley and it would be a little easier. The kids loved it and it was really good. Seminary actually ended up being a great distraction for me while Tommy was gone and I found I had a lot more time and energy to put into it because I could work on it in the evenings, when I'm normally wanting to spend all my time with Tommy. I feel like it clicked this week and I loved it.
B wanted to shovel :)
Because of my busy day Thursday and my super late night, Friday was an emotional day. I only got about 4ish hours of sleep, woke up to our fish dead (he's been sick for a while and I was expecting him to die soon, but it was still strangely sad), and forgot to eat breakfast. I had planned a bunch of fun scripture mastery Olympic games for Friday and brought Valentine's day treats for my class. I was very excited for this day, but for some reason it just didn't go as well as I had hoped. The kids were chatty and distracted, and I was snappy and we ran out of time to play all the games I had planned. Something dumb happened and I knew I had frustrated a boy I have been worried about. As we were finishing up and I gave them their treats, I burst into tears. It was SO embarrassing, which only made me cry more. The kids were so so sweet and tried to help, but their sympathy only made me feel more embarrassed. I cried the whole way home and couldn't stop when I told Tommy about it.
And what made it worse was that I had a dentist appointment in 30 mins and had to leave quickly, so I couldn't even just get over it. I ended up being late to my appointment, but everything was fine there. I took Bradley with me for the dentist to do an initial look at his teeth. He was so well behaved during my cleaning and his teeth are great, so yay! But then again on the way home I cried again. It was so dumb. I just kept beating myself up about how I had behaved that morning and felt so embarrassed.
I had planned to make a fancy dinner that night for Valentine's day but when I got home I told Tommy that I was just going to order a pizza. :) It was one way I could control my day and make it easier for me. I received a sweet text from the boy I was worried about reassuring me he was not upset and that made me feel better. But then right after that I found out one of my old boyfriends, Anthony Licon, had died in a car accident that day. I was not sentimental about him at all - our relationship was very light-hearted and fun, but it was just weird to find out and made me sad. He was SUCH a sweet kid and I had always liked him. It was just such a weird, emotional day!
But then it got much better. I have a very sweet, caring husband who just makes life better. :) We enjoyed our pizza by candle light and I didn't even miss the fancy dinner (in fact I loved that I didn't have to cook!) Phew! I was glad when I could just cuddle up on the couch watching the Olympics and forget about all the craziness of the day.




2 comments:
So glad to know I'm not the only one who has major emotional breakdowns over small things every now and then! And Bradley is so cute, as always :)
I just realized that I never left a comment for this post. I started to; I started writing one last week but somehow didn't post it.
I'm sorry you had such a bad day that Friday. Some days are really hard. And I'm very sorry about Anthony. :(
Post a Comment