Sunday, January 12, 2014

Around Our House

This has been a very sweet week. For some reason I was nervous about getting back into our normal routine with seminary, just me and Bradley during the day, and a potty trained kid. But it was such a good week. Bradley seems so old all of a sudden. He is communicating so well and has been very content. We went to the grocery store (after like 3 weeks of nothing but the quick milk and banana run to the store) and he was just so good. He is at such a fun stage where he is content with a snack and a car, can tell me what he wants/needs, and we can just walk around the store talking about letters and numbers. I love it. And we have had SO many cuddly, sweet moments of sitting or laying together just talking, reciting rhymes, and singing songs. There was one morning that he just sat on my lap in our rocking chair contently for about 30 minutes! I can't believe how cuddly he has been, but I love it!

We have gone the full week without a pee accident! yay Bradley!

We had the "polar vortex" hit us Monday and Tuesday. The temperatures were between -8 and -2 most of the time and the windchills got down into the -30's. School and seminary were canceled both of those days, even though we didn't actually get much snow and the roads were okay. So we just hung out at home those days. When it got up into the 20's later in the week, I couldn't believe how warm it felt. I guess it's all just comparative.

I had a hard time getting back into seminary on Wednesday. It wasn't too hard to wake up, but I just feel overwhelmed. When I started, I only had to teach for 2 weeks before the Christmas break, so it almost felt short-term. But now I'm having to get used to the idea that this is going to happen everyday for 5 months. I know it will get easier as I get used to it.

Friday we went out to eat and did some shopping. Then we also did some shopping after dinner on Saturday. It was unusual, but fun.

On Saturday we went to the zoo! Bradley has been asking to go SO MUCH lately. We made it one of his rewards for potty training, but it's been so cold we couldn't go. But Saturday it was up in the 40's and was a perfect day to go. It was also rainy (although it didn't actually ever rain on us), so there was hardly anyone there. I love the zoo on those days!!! I almost always prefer to go in the winter or when it's rainy. The animals were so active. We heard the lions roaring, saw two tigers fighting, and enjoyed our favorite monkeys being active. One of the baby monkeys kept running up to the glass where B was and slapping the glass. It was really entertaining.

We now have church at 1 pm and that is proving to be a bit challenging. Bradley has been unbelievably whiny at church the past 2 weeks. It will definitely be an adjustment and we're trying to figure out how to make it easier for him. That boy needs his sleep.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I want to talk to you sooo bad! I want to ask you all about seminary. I laughed at your "milk and banana run" line - those are totally the items we always need, too! Ellie loves bananas.

And hooooly cow, I can't believe how cold it's been for you guys! And Bradley looks so old. 1 pm church would be really difficult - we switched to 9 am this year, and I am so happy. We get back before Ellie's naptime. We had 11:30 before, and it was awful - right during her tired time. I'm sorry it's been hard for Bradley; hopefully it gets better as the year goes on.

Anyway, we neeeed to talk!