Sunday, January 5, 2014

Around Our House

This week we potty trained Bradley!!! Hooray! It went really well. If you had asked me on Wednesday, I would have sounded extremely frustrated and on the verge of giving up....but something just clicked on Thursday and he got it. We've only had 1 pee accident since Thursday and no poop accidents since Monday. Whohoo! He seems so grown up all of a sudden. We've learned a lot about him through this process. Almost always if we try to push him to do it or force it, he refuses and then has an accident and if we just simply trust him to tell us when he needs to go, he does great. And he is extremely motivated by our excitement and chocolate (I can't even tell you how much chocolate he's had this week). I am so happy he did so well.

It has been SUCH a nice week with Tommy home. I was originally planning to start potty training tomorrow when Tommy went back to work, but decided to do it a week when Tommy was home so that I would have help with it and therefore be more patient. That ended up being the key for me. It was so nice to have him here to help! Bradley responds well to Tommy and in those moments when I wanted to give up, Tommy was the one encouraging me to stay strong. I would have gone crazy this week without him. Also, I didn't feel great this week, so Tommy picked up where I slacked and I am so so so grateful.

We hosted a New Years Eve party with the Holts, Barrons, and Smiths. It was really fun. We just ate food, chatted, and played games. The Barrons and Smiths put their kids to bed at our house and stayed until midnight. We are grateful for our good friends here and had a fun time.

School and seminary were supposed to start on Thursday, but because of snow, school was canceled. I didn't mind a few extra days of sleeping in. :)

We took Bradley to his first movie in theater yesterday! We saw Frozen and loved it. He did really good and loved the "big movie" and all the snacks we had for him.

Because of potty training, me not feeling great, and the snow we've had, we didn't really do much this week (and it was wonderful!). We are on a big Parks and Recreation kick right now. I had always wanted to get into that show, but never did. Recently we started on season one and I instantly loved it. Well, this Christmas break I have become obsessed and we have watched several episodes each evening and often during Bradley's nap too. I love it. :)

And a few Bradley things:

  • All week, he's has been cuddling with me a lot. He will come and grab my hand and say, "come on" and lead me to the couch and then say, "Mama turn. Lay down". That didn't bother me any since all I wanted to do this week was lay down anyways! Then he would lay next to me and talk to me. Such sweet moments! Anytime Tommy would try to join us, Bradley would giggle and say, "puuuuuush" while pushing Tommy away. :)
  • He is developing a funny sense of humor. Everytime we open his door to get him up from a nap or in the morning, the first thing he says is "car!". Tommy got him up yesterday and was being silly and said "car?!? Say I love you Daddy". Bradley paused and then said, "I love you car". And then laughed a ton. They went back and forth Tommy telling him to say I love you Daddy and Bradley responding with I love you car. He is learning how to tease. 
  • My current favorite mispronunciations: He says the letter W like "a-boo" and anything that ends with p sounds like t (so "chit" instead of chip and "poot" instead of poop)
  • He is starting to sing a lot more and knows way more than I thought. When we sing (or read books) we pause and he always fills in the word or phrase. 

1 comment:

Becky Montoya Wright said...

I love that you keep this blog. So proud of Bradley boy for the potty training!