Sunday, December 15, 2013

Around Our House

My handsome, matching boys last Sunday
Well, I survived my first week as a seminary teacher! It went decently well. I learned a few things I need to change and tweak and I'm sure I will just continue to learn how to be better. I have great kids and I just really love them. It was surprisingly easy to wake up at 5:15 each morning. Normally I am not a morning person, but I woke up each day ready to go. I'm sure that is a blessing that goes with the calling, and I like it. I was also in bed before 10 every night which was really nice. On Friday, we did Scripture Mastery reviews and played a version of the game Spoons. The kids really had fun and I had 3 kids come thank me at our ward Christmas party for having fun on Friday. I'm excited for that tradition. I want them to enjoy coming to seminary.

I had a fun week with Bradley. Seminary will be good for us. It was so nice that each morning when he woke up, I had already been up for a couple of hours and was dressed and ready for the day. It makes such a difference in my mood and patience level. On Monday, I couldn't stop hugging and kissing him when he woke up. I had almost missed him because I had already been up for 2 hours without him. He is such a fun kid.

Tuesday we had a snow day (which also meant no seminary). It was snowing in the morning, but then completely cleared up into a beautiful day. They probably didn't need to cancel school completely and could have been fine with a delayed start...but the kids didn't mind! Joslin loved it.

I got to read a lot this week. Normally I have a hard time reading more than one thing at a time, but I am currently reading all my seminary stuff each day, Eat to Live, Anne of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables #6), and I am listening to Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol on CD. It has been very enjoyable.

Bradley has been playing with his play kitchen a lot this week. We have it up in his bedroom and we don't spend a whole lot of time in there. He always plays where I am, so when I saw how much fun he was having with it, I made an effort to spend more time in there. Each day after his nap, he played with his kitchen while I read in his room. His imagination is exploding. He had so much fun setting his little table and telling me who each plate was for and then making meals to go on them. It entertained him for a good hour each day. :)

I got to hang out with Shauna, Carissa, and Hailee this week. Shauna and I tried to take our boys sledding on Monday, but the conditions weren't great and Bradley cried the whole time...so that didn't last long.

Friday night we went to our zoo's Festival of Lights. It is so fun and beautiful!!! They put lights up all over the zoo and do such a good job. Around the lake, they have a light show where the lights are synchronized to music and it is amazing! Bradley loved it this year (he didn't care much last year)! He was in awe and couldn't stop talking about the "pretty lights" and all the colors.

Last night, we had our ward Christmas party. They did such a good job and I really enjoyed it. It was a dinner, program, and activities for the kids. Bradley had fun "riding" the Polar Express train (just the line of kids with train tracks taped on the floor out of masking tape). He was really excited about it.
Bradley doing the activities with one of my seminary students

No comments: