Monday night we decorated our Christmas tree. It was so much fun! Bradley surprisingly really enjoyed it. He is at such a fun age (and I know Christmas will just keep getting more fun with him in future years). He was so excited to put things on the tree and brought me all the ornaments. He also made a little stock pile of balls and ornaments. I kept moving them, but remembered to take a picture when we were doing the red stick things. That was his idea of decorating. :)
We also made cookies that night and he excitedly waited for them.
Oh and the 4th stocking is one I made for a future child when I made the others...but I hung it up for Joslin. It's not an annoucement, unfortunately. :)Tommy and I had pretty bad colds this week. Tommy's was worse and he stayed home from work one day, even though it was a pretty important work week. He was able to work from home and that helped him recover faster. Bradley, amazingly, did not get sick.
Wednesday evening, President Belnap came to our house and called me to be the new seminary teacher. (!!!) I felt very overwhelmed at first and even started crying while he was still talking to us. After he left, I spent a little while alone trying to process everything. I am feeling much better about it all now and am actually quite excited. Lots of people at church today told me how excited they were and how much fun I will have. I know it will be a great experience for me. Plus, it will force me to wake up early (which is something I always want to do, but never have a good enough reason to force myself to get up) and spend a good hour a day reading the scriptures and pondering spiritual things. :) We will see how it goes! I start tomorrow.
Thursday night, my friend Shauna hosted a "Favorite Things" Christmas party. Each person brought one of their favorite things for each guest. I took fun socks and M&Ms (you give the same thing to each guest). It was SO much fun!!! It was such a fun group of girls and I loved getting to know them all better. Plus, I got some fun things from them. I left that night feeling so uplifted and much more calm about my new calling. Good friends are really important to me.
We had a big snow storm on Friday afternoon and evening. School was cancelled (much to Joslin's happiness!) and Tommy came home early from work. After his nap, we took B out to play in it and had a blast! He was not happy to put his snow gear on, but once we were out there he had a lot of fun. Tommy and I had fun as well. Tommy gets so childish and silly in situations like that and kept tackling me and trying to cover me with snow. It was a lot of fun. Then we enjoyed hot chocolate and watched a christmas movie.
Tommy had Scout training yesterday, but after he got home, we went Christmas shopping and out to dinner. It was very enjoyable. :)
One day we went to walmart just to get a couple of things so I paid with cash and gave B one of the pennies. When we walked out I showed him how to put the money in the Salvation Army bucket. He was really cute about it. As we were walking to the car I explained that why we did that was to help people who don't have food or clothes. His response was, "mama, I want food". Hah it made me laugh to see what stuck in his 2 year old brain. I told Tommy about it and that night as he was putting B to bed, he asked him about it and Tommy asked him what color the bucket was and without hesitation he said, "red". :) So he totally remembered and knew what we were talking about (just not the part about helping people).
2 comments:
4 stockings, eh? Got something to share :)
haha! Becca! I didn't even think of that! I just updated this post. It's not an annoucement...it's for Joslin.
Post a Comment