Sunday, November 10, 2013

Around Our House

This week was mostly just full of preparations. Tommy left for a long business trip and I prepared for my drive to TX with Bradley. Saying goodbye and separating ways is never easy. Life is just a little lame when we are apart.

I feel much more positive this week. I must have just had a bad week last week, and I feel bad that I let my emotions control me. I am currently reading the 6th book of the Anne of Green Gables series and in it Anne says, "I've just had a terrible spasm of being sorry for myself, that's all. It's over now and I'm wholesomely ashamed of it." That is exactly how I feel! This week I am looking on the bright side and feel excited for my future.

Wednesday night, Tommy and I enjoyed a fun evening at Dave & Busters before he left. He got a $50 gift card from work, so we got $50 worth of game credits. As it turns out, Wednesday is their half off night, where all the games are half off. We had 300 credits, played for about an hour and a half and only used about 80 of them. Sweet! That means we have at least 2 or 3 more dates there. It was a lot of fun. I can never get enough Skeeball!

I had Super Saturday (a craft day) yesterday and made several crafts. I signed up for a few too many (giving gifts), so it was actually a little stressful towards the end, but I still enjoyed it. I love crafty things.

I bought Bradley his big Christmas present on craigslist this week. It's a big train set (geotrax) and it looks so fun! He is going to love it! He was with me when I picked it up, so he saw it and kept whining and asking for trains. I just repeatedly told him he would have to ask Santa. I'm sure that made no sense to him, but it got me so excited for Christmas! :)

We have enjoyed video chatting with Tommy several times a day. I love technology for that. It makes it feel almost like he's not so far away.

That's really about it this week. I didn't even take a single picture this week! I'm not sure that's ever happened since B was born. But here is a picture Tommy took of the Great Wall of China.

No comments: