My mom is back home finally after a 2 month trip! That means I've finally had a few good conversations with her. I had missed talking to her!
Sunday we carved our pumpkins.
We did our traditional Halloween family night of making Halloween sugar cookies and watching Clue. Bradley enjoyed participating in the cookie part of that this year.
Wednesday evening we had Tommy's Halloween work party. It was really fun this year because B was way more into it. Each office puts out candy and you walk around the building trick or treating. B was excited when he saw the first bowl of candy and tried to take several but when we said just one and pointed out the next bowl, he got really excited and understood the concept. He ran to each bowl. It was really cute. Then he decorated a cookie (and ate it before we even left), did a craft, and watched a Halloween movie. He didn't really care about any of the games they had. We enjoyed pizza and meeting some of Tommy's coworkers. It was fun and I'm glad they put that on every year.
Bradley was very excited about the M&Ms he got and enjoyed eating them. :)
It rained a lot on Halloween night, but I still took B to a few houses. We were pretty wet but he had a great time. Tommy had the Scotts (2 boys in our stake) over for one last game night, because Scott Johnson leaves for his mission while Tommy is out of town and he owes them both Graeters. So we bought graeters, had breakfast for dinner, and they played games while answering the door for trick or treaters, while I was out with B.
Friday afternoon we went on a beautiful fall walk at Sharonwoods Park. I love when Tommy is able to leave earlier than normal on Fridays!
Tommy had a Scout training all day Saturday, so I decided to rake all the leaves in the backyard for him. It was a much bigger project than I thought it was going to be, but I don't want him to have to spend time doing yard work the week before he leaves on such a big trip because I want all his free time. :)
| This is what my whole yard looked like. It took 10 of the huge lawn trash bags to bag it all up. |
The train I made for B out of pattern blocks. He was impressed. :) I love my days with my sweet boy.


1 comment:
You guys' Halloween costumes were SO cute. I can't believe you made Bradley's mechanic's suit from an old shirt! That's awesome. I'm glad you guys had so much Halloween fun this year. Your pumpkins are awesome. I love that you decorated cookies; decorating Christmas cookies was one of my family's traditions growing up and I think it could be a great tradition for lots of holidays. In the future, I want to do it for Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Halloween, at least. Those holidays seem very cookie-decorating-y.
Also, your pictures of your walk at the park make me want to move to Ohio right now. It's so beautiful! Just absolutely gorgeous.
And yay for visiting your parents in Texas! I'll try and call you this week and we can catch up. I love you!
Post a Comment