I did it! I drove from Ohio to Texas by myself with a 2 year old. It was 16 hrs of driving time, broken into 2 days. It really wasn't bad, but I had a lot of stress and anxiety leading up to it. I was so relieved when I arrived at my parent's house on Monday. And I am so proud of myself! I did a hard thing and I gained a lot of confidence from it.
We left Sunday right after church and drove a little less than 8 hrs the first day arriving at our hotel in Alabama around 9 pm. Bradley didn't nap well that afternoon, but he fell asleep for the last 3 hrs of driving which was nice. The second day we drove a little more than 8 hrs. By lunch time Bradley definitely needed a break (I was so anxious to just get there, I didn't make any stops for the first 4.5 hrs), but he took a good nap that day. We stopped in Louisiana to see one of my good friends from high school, Lexi. It was so good to see her!! I am very impressed with her and think she is just awesome. I got to see her cute house, husband, and animals. Bradley had a blast running around chasing her dogs and cats. Then it was 2 more hrs to get to my parent's house. That was when I started going crazy. I was so close, I just wanted it to be over and I was getting tired. I kept yelling out of excitement at almost being there and sped most of the way. I'm so grateful we didn't have any problems and Bradley was so good!
We have had a great week at my parents' house. Bradley is having so much fun with my parents, their toys, and my cat. He seriously loves the cat SO much! He just wants to spend all his time outside following her around. He is really good with her and she really likes him. It makes me happy. :) We've had lots of time to relax, talk, play games, watch movies, and eat good food. What else do you need?
My sister has us for Christmas this year and they got us a bike trailer! They had it shipped here so we could use it with my parents' bikes. It folds up so nicely and makes me so excited for when we finally get bikes. Bradley loves it and we've had fun going on bike rides.
I have enjoyed playing the piano. A real piano is so much nicer than our keyboard. Last night, my mom and I played for about an hour. We played some duets and she taught me a trio that we are going to play when Tommy gets here. So fun!
The best news of the week is that Tommy's long business trip got cut short! He was supposed to go to 4 different places in Europe, but that all got canceled, so he will be arriving in Houston tomorrow! I'm so excited!!! He will just work from here this next week and then will be taking vacation time the entire week of Thanksgiving. I love that his job is so flexible, so even though he will be working this next week, we will still have lots of time to do fun things. :) yay!
Tommy has had a great week in Beijing and Singapore. He loved Singapore! He keeps talking about how we should get an international assignment there because he loves it so much. He has gotten to do some pretty cool things. He has lots of pictures, but I will have to upload those later.
2 comments:
There is NOTHING like going home, is there? I love this pictures and I am so happy you get this special time with at home! Glad we'll see you soon :)
Wow, you drove to Texas all by yourself?! That's amazing! When you said you were going down to Texas, I assumed that you were flying. Good job!!! And I'm glad you're having fun in Texas! :D
Post a Comment