- Because we have had so much going on during the day lately, I intentionally didn't schedule as much this week. Bradley and I needed more time at home and we had a lot of fun together. One morning, I made sure to just focus on him and we went on a walk, read lots of stories, and played with playdough (for more than an hour! He loves that stuff and that is amazing to keep a 2 year old occupied that long). I love my little buddy and enjoy days like that. He has been on a mommy kick and has been pretty attached to me. It is sometimes a little annoying, but mostly it just melts my heart!
- Tuesday we went shopping with Carissa and Sophie to a second hand kid's store and I was able to get B some shoes and few other things, including a pair of Cars slippers with McQueen and Mater on them. He loves them.
- We had a bit of a crazy Tuesday evening. A little girl got baptized and the missionaries had been challenged to bring an investigator to it. Tommy and I each got asked separately by the missionaries (me by the sisters, Tommy by the elders) to come with them and give them a ride. We were also supposed to feed the elders that night. And I was going visiting teaching at 7. The baptism was at 5:30 so I took the sisters, Tommy took the elders and then Tommy went home to feed the elders and the investigator while I took the investigator and sisters home (20 mins away) and then went straight to vt. It was a bit hectic and to be honest I had a little bit of a bad attitude about it at first, but I'm so glad we did it and it was actually very enjoyable. I had a great experience.
- Thursday evening, Shauna and I were able to go up to the temple to do a session. That was very enjoyable. It's a 1.5 hr drive one way so we had lots of time to chat and I received a lot of peace while in the temple.
- When I got home from the temple it was like 11:30 pm and Tommy was dead asleep...like completely out of it! So I just got ready for bed and then knelt down next to him to say our couple prayer. But I kept my eyes open so if he started to stir I would know and wouldn't freak him out....but actually that just backfired because he did stir and when he opened his eyes all he saw was me crouching next to him with my face near his looking at him. ha! He FREAKED out! I'm not sure I've ever seen Tommy that scared. It was so funny! But as soon as he realized it was me, he just fell back to sleep. haha.
- Tommy raked up a bunch of leaves in our yard on Friday afternoon. So that night we built a fire and burned some of the leaves and a bunch of the branches from the front yard tree. We roasted hotdogs and smores. It was a lot of fun.
- Saturday evening we went to our ward's Halloween party. Because Bradley loves cars so much, he was a mechanic. I had a lot of fun making his costume from a man's work shirt from a thrift store. It was a really great way for me to brush up on some of my sewing skills. And seriously...I've never seen a cuter mechanic. :) We were all transportation related. Tommy was a ship captain and I was a flight attendant. The only sewing I had to do for ours was my scarf and Tommy's shoulder things. We had a great time at the party and we won first place for most original costumes!
| He loved that cupcake. :) |
- And the sad end to the night was while we were walking to the couch to get pictures of the kids, Bradley was holding my hand and tripped a little so I picked him back up by his hand/wrist and he started screaming. I just thought he didn't want to go to the couch but we put him up there anyways, and it is so obvious to me now that he was in so much pain. I had heard what I thought was his wrist pop when it happened so I just thought it must have popped weird and hurt, but he wouldn't calm down. It was right as the trunk or treat part was starting, but it was already past his bedtime and he wasn't calming down and started shivering, so we decided to take him home. He calmed down in the car, but when I went to get him out and moved that arm he started crying again and that was when I knew something was definitely not right. He wouldn't move that arm and just laid on our bed crying. Tommy started feeling around and we discovered his elbow was dislocated. I felt SO BAD since it was my fault and I was having a hard time not just crying with him. Tommy did some research and found it was a simple fix but we needed to take him in. Of course, all the urgent cares had just closed so we were getting ready to take him to the emergency room and we decided to call my brother Matt who is a medical student first. He told us it was like a 2 sec fix and explained to Tommy how to do it and told him to give it a try first and then if we couldn't, then take him in. Well, Tommy was able to do it! B screamed a lot while he was moving it, but as soon as he was done B started rubbing his nose with that hand and he hadn't moved that arm by himself in over an hour. He cried for a few more mins until I asked him if he wanted to watch a few mins of Cars and then he was completely over it and normal. It turned out to not be too big of a deal, but it scared me! It was the scariest thing we've had as parents so far because B hasn't ever even been sick yet. I'm grateful Matt was able to help us and we didn't have to go in and Bradley was only 1.5 hrs late for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment