Sunday, November 24, 2013

Around Our House - Texas

Tommy arrived here on Monday! I'm so happy his trip got cut short. It has been fun to have him here for the week. When we picked him up from the airport, my mom dropped Bradley and I off to go in and meet him. Tommy wasn't expecting that and he wasn't expecting Bradley because it was during naptime and I had talked about leaving him home with my mom and coming by myself. But it was so worth it! When I saw Tommy come out of customs, I pointed him out to Bradley, who started running across the big, open, echo-y lobby yelling, "Daddy!!! Hi! Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" It was so adorable! I'm pretty sure all eyes were on him. And of course, Tommy loved that welcome! :)

My mom and I enjoyed a trip to Hobby Lobby by ourselves, since Tommy was here and could stay with Bradley. I loved being able to look at as much as I wanted without having to keep a toddler happy and staying longer than I would have been able to with him.

Friday, both Tommy and my dad took a half day and we spent the morning at the Houston Science Museum. My mom is a docent there and told us all the facts. I have always loved that museum, but they have recently made some awesome changes that I enjoyed seeing. The dinosaur part is now HUGE...an entire football field huge. They had more dinosaurs than I've ever seen. We also enjoyed the new Egypt exhibit (Tommy especially).
I was able to exercise almost every day this week. It was so nice! My parents have a really nice treadmill and tv upstairs in the big toy room. I would walk or jog during a 45 min Avonlea (tv show), while Bradley just played with all the toys around me. It was so perfect! I told my mom that if I lived near her, I would come over almost every day and use her as a gym. We also went on several bike rides this week. I love how easy it is to be active here.

Other than that, we mostly just enjoyed a great week here. My mom and I have been working on several projects. I finished Bradley's car mat that I made for Christmas. It was so fun to make! I will post a picture of that at Christmas. We went out to eat at Luna's (and it made Tommy so happy to get yummy Mexican food), ate too many donuts at Shipley's, and enjoyed lots of Blue Bell ice cream. (we had BBQ last week) Texas is yummy! :)
Bradley got the booster seat out of his chair and put it in the living room where he was playing. 

No comments: