Sunday, October 20, 2013

Around Our House

This week was an extremely social week for me. I saw all of my closest friends (except Carissa). I got to hang out with Shauna, Leigh, Jen, Hailee, and Rosanna (who I'm actually not that close to, but I want to be!) all on different days. It was a lot of fun to see them all and I feel grateful for the good friends I have!

And we went to the doctor twice. Monday Bradley went to his allergy dr just for a check up. Everything is great. They didn't retest him yet though. They do that at age 3...so for now, still no peanuts. And I had to get my blood drawn on Friday. After 2 dr visits in one week, B now understands more of what the dr is. He has a stuffed animal bear he used to sleep with that got a hole in it and we took it away saying he had an owie and needed to go to the dr. At first I don't think he knew what that meant, but now he's been talking about it a lot. 

Wednesday night Tommy and I went to a Boy Scout Commissioner dinner, because Tommy is a commissioner. I was kinda dreading it a little, but it actually was really enjoyable. We had wonderful steaks and yummy sides and I really enjoyed listening to all the old men tell scouting stories. :)

Friday the Smiths came over, brought pizza, and we played games. Reece went to sleep in our pack n play really easily so they were able to stay late and it was fun to not have to worry about our kids!

After a lazy morning on Saturday, we went shopping and found some great finds at JCPenny. I love shopping with Tommy! I always have so much fun on those outings. He had a stake youth activity that afternoon and a priesthood leadership training that night, but in between he trimmed our front tree so you can see our house better. yay! We spent a while stripping all the branches he cut off so we have some great small wood for our firepit. 

Bradley is currently obsessed with the alphabet! He knows them all by sight and everywhere we go he is pointing out letters. His favorite book right now is "boom boom" (chicka chicka boom boom). It's pretty cute to see how interested he is in them. I just gave him an alphabet puzzle and he is a pro at it. He gets so excited about it. 

It is getting cold here! I have had to turn on the heater and Bradley and I have enjoyed hot chocolate (which he loves!!)

Pictures from the week:
This video is of Bradley "reading". Obviously he's not actually reading it, but its still so cute. :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Haha!!! Love that book! That is the first book all my kids "read" on their own. Such a cute one! Love all the pictures!!!! He's so big! Can't wait to see him soon!!!