- Monday and Tuesday evening we went walking at our favorite walking park to enjoy the weather. We got Graeters ice cream on Tuesday afterwards. I feel like every week I've mentioned enjoying the good weather...but it has just been so beautiful and it impacts the activities we do, so whatever...the weather has been wonderful.
- Monday at dinner when we were talking about going on a walk, Bradley pipped in and said, "Mama, I want to go on a walk." He has been saying short sentences, but this was his first full, complete, not-missing-any-words sentence. It was so cool! Of course, some of those words ran together - it sounded more like, "Mama, I wanna goona walk." But all of the sounds were there. It's amazing to watch kids progress and learn.
- Tuesday we went to the zoo with Carissa and Sophie. It wasn't very crowded so I let Bradley walk a good portion of the day, which he loved. I told Bradley that snakes are yucky and now he keeps saying, "nake, yucky nake, ssssss." haha
- Wednesday we fed the sister missionaries. We had to pick them up and drop them off about 20 mins away, so Tommy came with me to take them back and we enjoyed walking around some stores in Mason and getting frozen yogurt (Joslin was home with B). Then we drove around and gawked at some HUGE multi-million dollar houses.
- Thursday evening I had a shopping trip with Shauna and it was so much fun! We really haven't hung out as much the past few months due to busy schedules so we have missed each other. We went to our favorite thrift store to look for pants for the winter and were successful. I got 3 pairs of pants and B's halloween costume material (I'm creating it out of something else) for $12. :) Then we walked around a cute jewelry store and resisted the urge to buy things and then walked around Target where we did not resist the urge to buy things. :) I've been wanting a pair of brown boots and liked some a target which were a really good price. They were having a buy one get one 1/2 off sale, so we both got a pair and split the difference. Sweet! Then we sat in her driveway for a while just talking. I'm so grateful for the good friend she is and for the fun night we had!
- Friday we picked up Tommy from work and went to the park for a picnic. I love those days. :)
- Friday night we ordered a pizza and cleaned/organized our basement really well. It looks so nice! We bought a couple more sets of shelves to help organize it. We swept it and made a nice area where we will put our old couch (when the new couch gets here) and some of Bradley's toys.
- We went to the Lebanon (a small town nearby) Apple Festival on Saturday morning. It was awesome and had so many booths! We enjoyed just looking at everything and got a sliced apple with caramel, nuts, and whip cream.
 |
| Bradley's balloon from the apple fest. |
- I loved the RS broadcast on Saturday evening. Our stake had an ice cream social beforehand and after it was over Shauna, Carissa, Carissa's mom, and I stayed around chatting in the parking lot for almost an hour. We were the very last people to leave, but I very much enjoyed talking with them. And of course the messages of the broadcast were great and I felt the Spirit strongly.
- I have a new nephew!!!!!! Julie had her baby yesterday. :) No name yet, but he's a cutie!
Here are a few pics from the week:
 |
| We have these pattern blocks and this week Bradley and I separated them into colors and he was very proud of it. He also started lining them up and called them snakes. |
 |
| Bradley is a milk-aholic. Seriously all day I hear "I want milk" over and over. I don't let him have it all the time of course, so he just asks over and over. It's frustrating. Anyways, this kid loves milk. When he does get a cup he just sits there like this picture and becomes very subdued while he drinks it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment