Sunday, September 22, 2013

Around Our House

  • This week I decorated for fall! :)
  • I've decided to hold off on potty training until January. I didn't even try this week because a couple of things came up. We are traveling for both Thanksgiving and Christmas and I've decided it would be easier to still have him in diapers then. Plus, the weather has been awesome this week and I haven't wanted to stay inside going potty every 30 mins, whereas in January I won't mind that much. It has been so nice to not worry about it this week. 
  • Tuesday I tried to spend every possible second outside and did a pretty good job succeeding. Bradley and I went on a 3 mile walk, played at a playground, blew bubbles, rode his trike, played in the backyard (me reading; him with toys), and a picnic under our front yard tree. It was so perfect and made me happy. It made me so grateful to be a mom. 
  •  Thursday we had a Relief Society activity called "speed friendship" (just like speed dating) where you spend a few minutes with each person asking random questions. It was so much fun! It gave me such a great opportunity to talk with and get to know women who I've met and know who they are, but had never really talked to before. I really love my ward. 
  • Thursday night Andrew, Christina, and Zia (Tommy's younger brother, wife, and baby) stayed with us during their move from Arizona to Delaware. It was great to see them and play with cutie Zia. Bradley loved her. 
  • Friday late afternoon we went and walked around Target and then went out to eat. I don't really know why, but those are some our favorite outings. We have so much fun walking around stores. We got caught in a huge rainstorm though and were completely drenched just running to our car. :) After that the Smiths came over for more games. 
  • Saturday we went to a community yard sale for kids hosted by a local church and then walked around the lake at the VOA park and played at the playground. Tommy spent the whole afternoon and evening at a youth fireside and dance and I got tons done around the house while enjoying ALL my windows open. 
  • Today, the Smiths spoke in church so we got to hold baby Reece the whole time. She is 7 months old and so cute. Bradley seriously loves her. He asks for her often and almost always mentions her in his prayers and is constantly trying to kiss when she's around. I realized that if everything had gone according to our plan we would have a baby around her age now. It made me happy to kinda pretend we did have a baby for 1 hour and a little sad that that hasn't happened. I love playing with her though. 
Here are some randoms about Bradley:
  • Bradley's prayers are getting cuter and cuter. He used to just repeat every word we said, but now he is starting to do his own. He anticipates the normal phrases and when we say "thank you for..." he now fills in with all the random things he likes. He usually lists a bunch of things around him that he sees but "cars" is included like 5 times and he always says, "daddy, mama, jo jo".
  • He likes to throw his stuffed animals and a few books into his crib for bedtime and one day he went overboard while I was doing something else. He put in so many books and a bunch of his play food. That night when I put him to bed I decided to leave it all in there just to see what he would do. It was so funny because at first he was excited but then started whining as if to say, "how am I supposed to sleep with all this in here??". 
  • Lately Bradley is loving colors. He's been talking about them a ton. I'm pretty sure orange is his favorite color. 
  • He has rediscovered spoons and forks as a favorite toy (they were his favorite as a baby). We have the brightly colored Ikea ones and he loves to name the colors and tries to hold them all. He often will walk over to the silverware drawer (which he can reach but can't see into) and announce what he is looking for and digs around until he finds it. This morning he walked over and said "yellow spoon" and by sheer coincidence pulled out the yellow spoon on his first try. He got SO excited and ran around yelling yellow spoon and showing it to us. It was very funny.
  • The night Andrew and Christina stayed with us, we put Bradley in the pack n play in our closet so they could use the crib in his room. Just as I was about to fall asleep he woke up and started talking to himself. He had this conversation, "Beeeeep! Woah! Where tractor go? Oh cars! haha! Cars! *constant and jibberish talking* Daddy! haha! orange, yehwo (yellow), orange, yehwo, orange yehwo, orange, orange, orange, orange, orange." This type of talking went on for hours! Not kidding. It was so funny and quite annoying too. I can't sleep when he's awake so I was also just awake listening to him. I went in a couple of times to tell him to go to sleep but it didn't do much. I even tried ear plugs but I could still hear him. Finally at like 2:30 I brought him to bed with me to see if that would help. He laid on me and talked like he was praying but in a super cute whisper, "cars, milk, Daddy, Mama, Jo Jo, cars, baby, toast, Reece". It was so funny. At that I couldn't help but just kiss him and think how adorable he is. Then when I put him to bed after that we both finally fell asleep. It was a weird night, but also so incredibly cute. Love his voice. (oh and Tommy had no idea ANY of that happened...haha. Such a deep sleeper before 4 am)
  • When we were in the car, Tommy asked Bradley how old he was and asked, "Are you 7?", Bradley said, "No!", "Are you 5?", "No!", "Are you 3?", "No!", "Are you 2?", "TWO!!" And then out of nowhere he said, "Dos." Tommy and I both just looked at each other in shock and laughed. I have no idea how he knows that. It could be a coincidence and maybe he was trying to say something else, but it cracked us up. He's trying to stay true to the Montoya in him and speak Spanish.
  • Tommy and Bradley have been playing this cute game of pretend sleeping. I got a video of it today. (although when I had the camera out, B changed how he normally does it a little. Normally he yells "daddy!" to get tommy to wake up)


1 comment:

Heather Nicole said...

I love your blog and keeping up with how you're little family is doing.
It can be so frustrating and many times heartbreaking when our plans for children don't happen, or are delayed. I am so grateful to be pregnant but remember all too well when that wasn't the case.
I'm praying that things go well for y'all.