Sunday, September 15, 2013

Around Our House

  • This week we attempted to potty train Bradley. He did so good the first 3 days and was catching on and excited about it. Wednesday he had more successes than accidents. Then on Thursday he held it from 8 am until noon (crazy! this is even with sitting on the potty every 20 mins or so and drinking a ton), when he had an accident one minute after getting off the potty. After nap he held it again until bedtime when he had a diaper on again. So he had no successes that day to celebrate and then Friday morning he had 3 accidents. :( it was sad. So I'm not sure what to think. We couldn't work on it Saturday so we are taking a break and just letting him sit on it when he asks (which as has been a few times a day....but no success). He clearly CAN do it. He obviously has the bladder control and understands what to do, but I'm just not sure he wants to commit to it yet. I will probably work on it a little more this week to see if he makes some progress and if not, we will try again in a month. 
  • Tommy came home with flowers at lunch one day to help with the potty training craziness. :)
  • Tommy got his annual performance rating this week for the past year and was top rated. This is so exciting! I am so proud of Tommy and all his natural talent and hard work. 
  • I reread Leadership and Self-Deception this week. It is such a great book! I read it for my Family Recreation class at BYU and loved it then. It completely opened my eyes to the root of relationship problems. One night B woke up a couple of times (unusual) and I was annoyed at him. As I was laying in bed trying to go back to sleep, I had the thought "I am 'in the box' toward him and need to reread that book", so the next day I started it and instantly felt so much better. It makes you want to change and become better. I highly recommend it!
  • We ordered our new couch this week! I'm so excited about it. :) It should arrive sometime in the next few weeks. 
  • We had beautiful weather this weekend! I love fall weather!
  • Friday we had our game playing friends, the Smiths, over. We taught them For Sale and played it several times in a row. Then a couple of boys in our Stake came over to play Mario Kart and Just Dance. After the Smiths left we played Pit and Clue with the boys and Joslin until 1 am. It was so much fun! It was one of the boy's birthday the next day, so at midnight we stuck a candle in our cornbread from dinner and sang to him. It was pretty funny.
  • Saturday was P&G Dividend Day at Kings Island (our amusement park). We went in the morning to get our huge bag of free P&G stuff (yay!) and ride the rides Bradley could do. He loved riding the train! Then we went home for lunch and naps and dropped Bradley off at a friend's house. Tommy, Joslin, and I had a blast riding rides for a few hours. At 7 Tommy and I left to get Bradley and take him home for bed. Joslin stayed until close with a few friends from our ward. It was such a fun day. The weather was perfect and we had a great time. 
  • As I've gotten older, roller coasters have made me more and more sick, so this time I used Dramamine. It helped so much and I was able to ride more than I have the past few years, but by the end I was pretty sick and the drowsiness of the medicine hit me hard. We came home and I crashed on the couch. I felt like I couldn't move. Luckily Tommy is awesome and brought me food and turned on a movie for me. 
  • Kids in underwear are so stinkin cute. Bradley loved his "cars" underwear and talked about them all week. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not gonna lie, I started tearing up a little at those pictures of B in underwear. They grow up too fast!!!

Looks like you guys are having fun!