Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Break part 3: Tucson, AZ

Tommy participated in Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) in high school. He loved it! He was Arizona State President, took 1st place at Nationals in an event called Future Business Leader (consisting of a written test, resume and cover letter, and job interview), and went to countless conferences throughout the state and country. A lot of his high school stories in some way connect to FBLA.

When he got the Procter & Gamble job, they asked him to come to the State Conference this year at a resort in Tucson (he is their poster child and success story for the year). They paid for our gas, put us up in a huge suite (at least twice the size of our apartment) at the resort, and paid for our meals. Tommy helped do some logistics, spoke briefly at two meals, and did a workshop about college for seniors. Bradley and I hung out in our huge room and relaxed. We took Bradley swimming for the first time and enjoyed the nice warm weather and beautiful resort. It was a lot of fun! I'm learning all the perks of being married to Tommy. His family used to come with him and bum off his free hotel rooms and swim all day while he was in meetings...I don't mind now doing that. :)


This was sitting in our room when we arrived along with a card written to Tommy from the the conference director. 
These pictures of our suite don't really do it justice. It was a lot bigger and nicer than it looks. I also took these pictures on our last day when it was messy - I should have taken some when we first arrived.
The weather was so nice and we took a long walk after the conference luau. 

It was a lot of fun and so relaxing!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Aw, those pics of Bradley swimming are so cute! I love his hat.

What an awesome suite! :D