Then we spent the evening with my grandparents eating and playing games. I love them so much! They are hilarious and so sweet. They are 92-years-old and so independent. Grandma wouldn't even let me help in the kitchen. This was the first time Tommy has been to their house and we had a great time one-on-one with them. We always played a lot of games while we were there and grandma indulged me by playing some of the ones I loved as a kid. Grandma also showed me the Christmas cards she made when her family was young (they were awesome!) and some pictures from my parents' wedding and when David and Danny (my brothers) were little. It was really fun to see some pictures I had never seen before. There was a group of them when David was about 6 months old. As I was looking at these pictures of my young parents with their little baby boy, I had this weird realization that I am in the exact same stage of my life. It was so neat to see those pictures of my parents and to think of them at that age.
Grandma told us her most embarrasing story: She was trying to teach her kids to dive in a public pool. Anne wasn't following her instructions and kept doing it wrong. She got fed up and made all the kids sit on the edge of the pool and said, "now watch me and do it exactly like I do it". She said she said it loud enough, she was sure everyone in the entire pool was watching. She got to the board and got a nice spring and dove in, but the way the water hit her shoulders, it made the straps on her swimsuit break and the entire front came down. When she came up, Bruce and Richard (my dad) were pretending they didn't know who she was and that they didn't see, Jim said, "are you sure you want us to do it just like that mom?" and Alan was running to her with a towel to cover up. The way she told the story was hilarious and she was laughing the entire time she told it. I love how jolly she is!
We showed Bradley the marbles we all played with as kids, which he was fascinated by, and drank freshly-squeezed orange juice. It was a perfect little stop to see them. Grandma made us laugh non-stop and Grandpa was so sweet. I love them!
| I love them so much! |
2 comments:
Were you in Gilbert just for one evening?? I would have loved to see you guys!
Oh my gosh, that is the funniest story of your grandma! I told it to Jason and we were both laughing. And yeah, I totally agree that that picture of your dad looks a lot like Bradley!
Post a Comment