I was really excited to go chair shopping. I had always wanted and assummed I would get a glider type chair. However, when it came time to acutally shop for one, they just weren't that comfortable to me. Tommy got bored and started sitting in all the overstuffed recliners. He kept saying, "oh you have to come sit in this one" to every one he sat in. I wasn't interested at first because it's not what I wanted. However, one of them caught my eye because it wasn't so huge and didn't have the in-your-face-I'm-a-comfy-chair-look. I sat in it and fell in love. And I'm still in love cause it's now in my living room. :) Baby and I will spend lots of time together in this chair...when we can kick Tommy out of it. Best baby present!
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
My Mommy Chair
My parents have bought a rocking chair for each of my siblings when they have their first baby. My mom always says "every mom needs a rocking chair". She didn't have one with their first 2 kids because they were too poor so she decided that would be their present for the first baby in each family.
I was really excited to go chair shopping. I had always wanted and assummed I would get a glider type chair. However, when it came time to acutally shop for one, they just weren't that comfortable to me. Tommy got bored and started sitting in all the overstuffed recliners. He kept saying, "oh you have to come sit in this one" to every one he sat in. I wasn't interested at first because it's not what I wanted. However, one of them caught my eye because it wasn't so huge and didn't have the in-your-face-I'm-a-comfy-chair-look. I sat in it and fell in love. And I'm still in love cause it's now in my living room. :) Baby and I will spend lots of time together in this chair...when we can kick Tommy out of it. Best baby present!
I was really excited to go chair shopping. I had always wanted and assummed I would get a glider type chair. However, when it came time to acutally shop for one, they just weren't that comfortable to me. Tommy got bored and started sitting in all the overstuffed recliners. He kept saying, "oh you have to come sit in this one" to every one he sat in. I wasn't interested at first because it's not what I wanted. However, one of them caught my eye because it wasn't so huge and didn't have the in-your-face-I'm-a-comfy-chair-look. I sat in it and fell in love. And I'm still in love cause it's now in my living room. :) Baby and I will spend lots of time together in this chair...when we can kick Tommy out of it. Best baby present!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad you finally got it!!
cute! I love having a good rocking chair! We got a glider, and i get the not-so-comfy dealio, but I didn't actually get to sit in it before I picked it out. I picked out a matching nursery set, and my parents paid for the chair part of it. however - It is still my fave chair to sit in (as long as I have my trusted pillow behind my back) mostly because I LOVE LOVE LOVE to rock my babies...even though they aren't babies anymore. Anytime they allow me some snuggle time, I sit in my chair and rock away. and it is the sweetest thing ever. all mom's really DO need a rocking chair. it's not a want. it's a need.
I was wondering if you got your mommy chair. Can't wait to see it in person!
Post a Comment