Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving break! My sister Julie was in town and luckily they were here before we left to go to Arizona. They came over on Monday night and it was so fun to see them. I really miss living close to them!


I love them!

We were originally planning to leave on Tuesday morning, but a snow storm was coming and we decided to leave Monday after my family left so that we could get through Spanish Fork Canyon without snow. We slept at a rest stop outside of Moab for about 4 hours (until it was too cold) and then went the rest of the way. It was so fun to spend time with Tommy's family. They are awesome! And his little siblings just keep growing up so fast!

We woke up one morning to find two bulls in their yard. As soon as Sam found out about them, he dressed up in his cowboy gear and made sure to not wear red. :) Then he watched them from his bedroom window all morning. He and all the little cousins got excited when they did anything. I never knew cows pooping and moving could be so exciting.
The bulls (sorry not a very good picture)

We had Thanksgiving dinner with Tommy's grandparents and family and enjoyed seeing everyone. We had fun playing with the kids, seeing Harry Potter 7, playing games, and visiting. We also got to see his Montoya grandparents and spend some time with them. And we went to Flagstaff to watch his brother Andrew play in the AZ football state championship game.

Here are just random things from the rest of the trip:
Tommy and Sariah dancing while home alone. She is so funny.


Sariah and her new outfit.
"Look Mom, it's the heart Jesus gave me"

And our awesome, trustworthy Saturn hit its 220,000 mile birthday on this trip. :) We love our car!

We did experience some weather problems on the way back. We went a different way home since we were already in Flagstaff. We had snow coming out of Flagstaff and had to go really slow, but then it cleared up until we had to go through a mountain pass to get over to I-15. It was BAD and scary. As we were coming up to the summit, there were about 6 cars that had slid of the road or were stuck. We were okay but were sliding around a little and had a hard time getting going, but we made it. We were pretty scared there for a minute though. Tommy's legs were shaking so bad and I don't think I moved a muscle. Then for about 2 hours on I-15 we had to go 30 mph, but luckily we didn't have anymore problems. We felt very blessed. Tommy was exhaused by time we got home from the tense driving. His neck was so tight and sore and he fell asleep on the couch by around 8 pm.

It was a great trip! And as always, it was so nice to see family. We have 3 more weeks of school and then we are off to Houston for Christmas!

4 comments:

ltandjbcox said...

I've been over that little pass in the snow. . . . very white knuckle experience. Glad you are home safe and such fun to share a little in your holiday.

Jocelyn said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun for Thanksgiving! And HOLY COW, I'm glad you guys are safe! That drive back sounds like it was scary as heck.

Glenene said...

So glad you (and the Saturn!) made it home safe!!

Becky Montoya Wright said...

We LOVED having you!! Super fun. Can't wait for next visit here or there :)