Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall Fun with Perfect Pumpkins


Last night we did a really fun group date with two of Tommy's best friends and dates. We went up the canyon to eat chili in bread bowls and were planning on carving pumpkins there, but decided it was getting too dark and cold, so we went back to our apartment for that part.

Here is our beautiful and perfect pumpkin! I loved it so much. It was just absolutely perfect and I almost didn't want to carve it.
Melissa (my old roommate who went with Jake) with our perfect pumpkin

Eating the chili and bread bowls....it was SO GOOD!

And the pumpkin carving begins...





The finished product! :)
Melissa and Jake and their pumpkins Melissa did the theater masks, so one side is happy...
And the other side is sad
Ken and Michelle and their pumpkin
All the pumpkins together! Aren't they cute?

Then for dessert, I made witch hats! They are supposed to be chocolate cones and chocolate cookies so that they're dark, but I couldn't find chocolate cones. There is ice cream inside (and some leaked out because I was rushed making them). Yum!


It was such a fun evening! A perfect fall date with good friends. :)

And how can I not smile with this face sitting on my counter?



2 comments:

Glenene said...

Amazing! Dad and I haven't even carved one since you left:(

Becca said...

love your pumpkin! super cute. And can you please tell me how to make those witc.h hats? bec1ause we are having a halloween party on saturday for the grandkids at my mom's and I think those mught just be the perfect treat to bring :)