Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Robertson Family Reunion

This past weekend we got to go to Island Park and Yellowstone for our family reunion. It was so much fun and I loved getting to be with my whole family. All of us were able to be there, along with both sets of grandparents. We stayed in an awesome cabin in Island Park and went to Yellowstone on Monday.

We had a surprise joint birthday party for the 4 grandparents. Their combined age is 340! Danny had a cake that said, "340 is old, even for a tree". We made party hats out of bowls and pipe cleaners. Here are my adorable Roberston grandparents. They are both 90 and such troopers.
Sydney and Isabelle being adorable.

Tommy and I matched our clothes every single day just for fun. We have so many clothes that are the same so we decided to match....we have the same t-shirts, hoodies, sweat pants, and basketball shorts (almost all from BYU). It was pretty fun.

Hiking in Island Park
Tommy and Nathan climbed to the top


My mom and my 2 sisters

We had a talent show which was pretty awesome. Tommy and I decided we had to do something cultural since we are the Montoyas and Tommy is the only one in my family who is not white. So we did the Mexican Hat Dance.

Isabelle and Nathan with the Mexican hat.


All of us girls did a skit where we dressed up and acted like our husbands.
We went on a scenic drive on Sunday and saw a couple of waterfalls.

Cave Falls

Yellowstone
Old Faithful
Yellowstone Falls
Sooo beautiful!

We had a great time! Its always so fun to see family and to have everyone together...even if it means no sleep. We had a ton of fun playing with all the nieces and nephews and visiting with everyone else. We played lots of games including a pool/air hockey/foosball tournament. We also ate a ton of chocolate! But that's what happens when the Robertson grandparents are in charge of bringing it...definitely a chocolate family. I love family!

4 comments:

Casey said...

Such a great reunion. So great to sleep in my own bed last night though :)

Becca said...

This looks like SO much fun! You guys are too cute. And I like the skit idea. I have officially decided to do that with my own family. because unless you start those things as kids, there is no way you are getting them to do it as adults. :o) looks like you had so much fun!

ltandjbcox said...

Yellowstone is a beautiful place. . .made all the moreso by being with a famiy you love. . .I wasn't sure of the authenticity of the dance. . . .your arms sort of look like that Russian dance thing. . . I'll give you credit for giving it a shot though. . .no seriously it was great.

We will see you in a month!!

Becky Montoya Wright said...

I am laughing so hard at the dance video...can't decide whether to link others to it, or not :) Good stuff!! Tommy was the Dance Master at stake dances as a teen, but I don't think he ever did that one. So great. Also love the matching clothes. Probably made packing really simple too. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Oh... and the grandparents are soooo cute! It makes me happy that Tommy is a part of your super awesome family :)