Monday, May 24, 2010

Tut Tut It Looks Like Slush

Last night starting around 8:30 it started to rain. I was actually really excited about this because one of my absolute favorite things is sleeping to the sound of rain. We always crack our window open so I can hear it. It reminds me of home and makes me all kinds of giddy.

It rained all night. And I slept great.

I could still hear it this morning and as we walked out to our car to go to work we found this in our parking garage:




I laughed because our car is in the middle of it all. Normally when it rains, our garage floods in certain areas but we have never seen it like this. Tommy strapped plastic bags to his feet and waded through it (it was pretty dang deep, especially over by our car) and then drove to a spot that I could get in. It was pretty hilarious to watch him.


On our way to work it was starting to turn into slush and now it is snowing. wow.

And on a completely different note, Tommy was sustained yesterday as the second counselor in a BYU singles ward bishopric. So we will now be attending a singles ward again, which will be interesting seeing as we are the same age (or younger) as everyone. But we are excited for the opportunity and think it will be fun (especially because we will now get to go to singles ward activities again...like waffle parties, BBQs, cow branding, break the fasts, ward prayer, water sports...you know, all the things family wards don't do). So it will take some adjusting but we are excited. :)

Some of my family is flying into Utah today which means our family reunion is almost here!!! I'm so excited. And I will get to meet my newest neice Jessica and see my parents and grandparents tomorrow!
Have a happy day! (And a wet one if you're in Utah)

2 comments:

Alarie said...

holy moley lucky ducky.
life sounds so good!

Glenene said...

...getting ready to hunt crawdads after a storm!