Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stewart Falls

We hiked to Stewart Falls on Saturday. It was our first hike of the year and we were excited. Stewart Falls is a pretty easy hike, but it was the perfect first one. There was still some snow on the trail in a few places that made it slippery, but it wasn't bad. I love the mountains!!!
An avalanche went through this area this winter and completely wiped out the trees. It was crazy.
This is the remnants of the avalanche. I am the queen of it. And yes, I am creating that large rain cloud with my super powers.
The falls
Tommy was the king of the falls. It's hard to tell how far up he went in this picture...but it was farther than I wanted to go. Thoughts of slipping on the loose rocks and falling to my death kept flashing through my head, so I decided to sit on a rock and watch Tommy climb up the rest of the way. I think I'm going to drive my children crazy someday with my worrying. :)
We ate lunch at the falls and it was just a really fun day.
At the end of the hike I went ahead of Tommy for the first time and of course, there was a snake right off the trail. It freaked me out and I screamed and ran back to Tommy. He laughed and went up to it (which was surprising since he hates them too) and then said, "It's probably a good thing you saw it first because I probably would have screamed too, and it would have been a bit more embarrasing for me to scream like that". True. But doesn't change the fact that I hate seeing snakes.

In other news, I got new glasses! yay!
It was about time. I have had my others since I was 14 and the perscription was really bad. I've been having eye problems and the doctor said I need to wear my contacts less and update my glasses. So we did and I like them much better than the old ones.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Casey said...

Those are great looking glasses! And we love Stewart Falls. I fell in love with Matt the day we did that hike :)

Beth said...

Love your glasses! :D