Monday, November 9, 2009

Warm Days in November

For some reason, last week really stressed me out. I didn't have much school work due or anything, but my internship, playing the piano, lots of projects coming up, and a ton of serious talks and thoughts about the future were really freaking me out. Normally, I can handle it pretty well once I make lists and prioritize what I need to do, but that tactic failed last week. On Friday, I had a melt down. After chatting with my wonderful mom, crying, and making a plan I felt a lot better.
Then Tommy came to the rescue. I had talked with him through it all and he had been great, but didn't quite know how to make it better for me (I think the crying helped the most...dumb emotions). Anyways, he picked me up from work, and brought me creamery ice cream. :) We walked to a park, enjoyed the wonderful warm weather, and ate our ice cream while chatting and allowing me to calm down. He gave me a blessing (another HUGE help) and then came with me to run my internship errands. We planned a date that night using some of our wedding gift cards.
We ate dinner at The Pizza Factory. Funny story: We planned on eating dinner around 5 and after running the errands, we looked at the clock in our car and it was 5 so we went. The place was empty though and we just thought they must not pick up until later. After ordering, Tommy went to the bathroom and I checked my phone.....and noticed that the time said 4:10. When he came back I asked him if he knew it was only 4 and his face was hilarious. We forgot to change the clock in our car after daylight savings changed. We had a good laugh about it and enjoyed a very early dinner. :)

Then we went and saw the new movie The Box. I can't exactly say if we enjoyed it or not. It was definitely intriguing, thought provoking, and intense. There were several times during the movie I had to consciously make my muscles relax and a few times I jumped. I did like it, but it freaked me out a little and the end wasn't satisfying for me. So basically, if a weird guy shows up at your door with a box...don't push the button, it will turn out a lot worse than you think. It gave me really weird dreams that night and I didn't sleep well....so I'm not really sure how I felt about it, but I enjoyed my time with Tommy.

Needless to say, Tommy really helped me feel better. Great guy. :)

Saturday morning, I went to my first RS Super Saturday. I feel like a true woman now. I actually really had a good time and feel a little more connected to our new ward. Even though it was after Halloween (it was originally scheduled for before), I made this:
For the rest of Saturday, Tommy and I finally got our joint bank accounts (we can now be officially married finally), went to the temple, and visited my sister Julie. We had a really good time there chatting and playing with my niece Isabelle. She is hilarious and so fun! I like days that we get to go play there. :)

And I have now played the piano twice in RS and have survived and my confidence level is slowing increasing...so that is really happy!

We celebrated our 4 month anniversary yesterday. It doesn't sound like much to people who have been married for years, but it's fun for us and has been the best 4 months ever! Hooray!

So I had a really great weekend after a stressful week. And how could I have not had a great weekend married to a guy like this? :)

4 comments:

Glenene said...

It's almost worth having a meltdown to be able to have such a great recovery!! Love you!

Becky Montoya Wright said...

I have yet to attend a "super saturday", but could definitely use a "the witch is in" sign. I have so much fun just knowing how much fun you guys are having!

ltandjbcox said...

We went to the Jim Carrey Christmas Carol today, YES, even grandpa went. . . then, about 1/2 hour into it he realized he was NOT comfortable in that seat. . .poor guy. . .the mind is willing the body just hurts still. But he is doing pretty good. I will avoid "The Box". . . unsatisfactory endings are frustrating for me, too.

We look forward to seeing you at Christmas, . . .I understand you will be going to Taos for those festivities. . .that will be nice for your family. . .Love you two.

Becky Montoya Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.