Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Gotta Feeling

We've had a busy, fun-filled month! I apologize for how long this post is...I guess that's what I get when I don't update. But here is what we've been up to:


I had a great birthday, thanks to Tommy. He made me my favorite breakfast, brought me lunch, took me out for dinner, and made a round (my favorite) sprinkle birthday cake. Plus we had a party at work. Needless to say, I was extremely stuffed that day. :)

We have started school again and are happy to be back. It was really nice to have a relaxing break after the wedding, but both of us were ready to start again. It's taken some adjusting but we've seem to find somewhat of a routine and schedule again.


Labor Day weekend we got to go visit my brother Danny and his family in Boise. We had a great time! On our drive, we stopped in Twin Falls for a quick dinner, but got distracted by how pretty it was.

On Saturday morning, Danny took us rock climbing at the "Black Cliffs". It was really fun! It was nothing for Danny who goes pretty often, but Tommy and I (especially me) were pretty sore and tired afterward.
Tommy belaying me.

Proof I made it to the top

Danny belaying

Saturday night we watched the BYU-Oklahoma game! GO COUGARS!!! :) We celebrated with root beer floats. Sunday we went to church, took naps, and went over to my aunt and uncle's house for the evening. That night Danny, Karen, Tommy, and I played the newly wed game. It was pretty entertaining. Monday morning we went to this awesome park called Settlers Park. It is designed for children with disablilites, so everything is wheel chair accessible. It also has other things like music toys, rocks to climb on, a fountain play area, huge fields, horseshoes, and tennis. Seriously it was like the coolest park I've ever been to. We had an awesome time there. We played for a while, played bocce ball, string golf, and had a picnic. Plus the weather was absolutely beautiful and borderline cold. Perfect fall day.

Danny and Sydney
hmm...I sure do love pirates.
King of the rock
After our picnic, I picked up Baby Nick to play with him. It was kinda cold so I was trying to put his jacket on him and then I looked down at my arm in horror. He had a huge blow out all over me. This is actually after I had started to wipe it off. Tommy wouldn't touch me for a while. That's when we decided it was time to leave the park. Good thing Nick is absolutely adorable. We had a really good time in Boise. I love getting to see family and play with neices and nephews. :)

Last week, for one of our classes we got to go canoeing in the Provo River. (Yes, we are in the best major)


Our whole class

This past Saturday, after another awesome football game, we went roller blading. Neither one of us have been in like 8 years. It was probably a hilarious thing to watch, but we didn't fall and we had a lot of fun...that's all that matters, right?

Anyways, that's what we've been up to. We have seriously had so much fun lately. Life is great! :)

5 comments:

Liz Robertson said...

oh, fun! you two are so photogenic, too.

Becky Montoya Wright said...

favorite picture was looking down at your feet in roller-blades & tommy's killer stance. cool deal on the rock climbing and all the other adventures you guys have been up to. thanks for the update.

Team Seguritan said...

That was funny Becky :) I love reding all this fun stuff. You two are great. When do I get to see you guys again? It's okay if it's a long time, Kim and I have gone over a year w/o seeing eachother and we're still friends :) Love the poop on the arm by the way... who needs birth control?

katie

Beth said...

You two are so much fun! :D

ltandjbcox said...

What fun!!! Keep up the good work and good works:)