Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving

We had such a great Thanksgiving! My parents drove over from Delaware on Saturday and Matt and Casey (my brother and wife) arrived from Texas on Sunday. We had a blast!

Monday we went running/walking at VOA in the morning. In the afternoon we went to the zoo and stayed for the zoo lights. We always love that! Tuesday we went to Jungle Jims, the outlets, and Graeters. Wednesday we split up for the morning - the girls went to Ikea, my dad and Matt went to the Air Force museum, and Tommy and Bradley went to Jump and Jacks. Then we cooked!

Thanksgiving meal turned out awesome!! Seriously, Matt has skills. Best turkey and gravy I have ever had.
We played games every night. Mom did a crazy hard puzzle and the last night we pitched in to help. It was hilarious how long it took us to finish it. We had to organize the pieces by shape and it still took 4 of us intensely focused on it about an hour to finish it.
Bradley had a blast with everyone, especially Penny and Lincoln (Matt and Casey's dogs).
Matt and Casey took family pictures for us! I will post more of those when I get them. :)
Matt and Casey left Friday morning and my parents stayed until Monday morning. Friday my dad helped Tommy do several things with our cars and some plumbing in a bathroom while my mom and I decorated for Christmas. That night Tommy and I went on a date and finished up all of our Christmas shopping. Saturday mom and I took a long nice trip to Hobby Lobby.

It was such a fun week!! I just love when we get to see family. It was especially fun to have them come to our house. We were super glad Matt and Casey were able to come. Hooray for family!
my dad got sick while here and couldn't get warm one evening. We were laughing at how much he looked like an old man with slippers and 3 layers. :)

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

That sounds like it was so fun!!