This afternoon it started raining. It was a very cold rain which turned to snow after a few hours. Bradley was pretty grumpy when he woke up from his nap and kept bringing me his coat and shoes and banging on our door crying. So finally I decided to take him to go get the mail (one of his favorite activities). We have to walk down our street a little bit to a group mailbox. I half expected him to decide he didn't like it once we were out there in the cold and rain, but he actually LOVED it! He got so excited and repeatedly said, "wa-yee wa-yee" (water).
When I brought him back in, he just cried and every time I tried to take his coat off he said "no" and ran off crying. I love playing in the rain, even if it's slightly cold, so I took him out on our back patio. He just stood in one spot and wouldn't walk anywhere unless I was holding his hand, but he loved it! He had such a funny look on his face and on his own started reaching out his hand to feel the rain. We were probably only out there for about 5 minutes, but it was so fun. He was so much happier afterwards.
It made me sooooo excited for warmer rain and summer storms. We will definitely be playing in the rain in our new backyard this summer! :)
3 comments:
As I said on Julie's blog... I do love a good rain!!
Sooo cute! And I'M SO HAPPY YOU POSTED BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!
Haha! Great minds think alike! SO funny how kids don't care about a little cold or a yucky day. They just want to be outside. He's SO cute!!!!!
Post a Comment