Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Settling In

Our stuff all arrived Tuesday morning. Again, the movers were amazing! They even unpacked all the boxes and took all the boxes and paper with them. Of course, they didn't put anything away so we just had piles everywhere, but at least they were mostly in the right room. It was wonderful. Although the guy unpacking all of Tommy's books kept swearing at how many books we have. haha!

We enjoyed just spending the first week unpacking, buying new bookshelves and a few other things, and letting life slow down. We had huge storms the first 2 nights we were here. It made me so happy and reminded me of the Texas thunderstorms I love...except we were also under a tornado watch and heard sirens a couple of times. I'm not used to that and had a hard time not letting my insane mothering instincts kick in. I'm still not used to having Bradley in his own room, since we just moved from a one-bedroom apartment, and his crib is in the corner of the house, so I kept imagining ridiculous scenes where he got sucked into a tornado. I knew it was very unlikely, but it made it hard to sleep well.

Our ward is amazing! They were so welcoming and friendly. It made me excited to be back in a regular ward with other children making noise and more people in my same demographic. I'm really thinking I will love it here.

I haven't taken pictures of our house yet, but here are some cute ones of Bradley. He loves having more time to play on the floor without having to get in the car seat as often. He is currently working on getting his 3rd tooth and figuring out crawling. 








4 comments:

Glenene said...

Thanks for posting all about your trip! Glad all is well!!

Julie said...

A true Montoya. He's in BYU gear! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE the sombrero (sp?) pictures!!!!!! He is so stinkin cute! Keep the blogs coming! I also want to see pictures of your house when you get it all situated.

Liz Robertson said...

Jill you have a good-looking child! And the sombrero pictures were darling! Do you love having space & a new place? Change feels good.

Unknown said...

What a sweet baby! I miss playing with those cheeks and his arm rolls! Looks like you guys are settling in pretty well. Miss you!