Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bradley

So I've taken my sweet time blogging about this incredible and happy event in our lives, but I'd like to introduce our son, Bradley:
7 lbs 12 oz
19.5 inches
Like I've mentioned before, my due date was definitely off. I was expecting him to come before September 18th...but I was still definitely caught off guard by how soon he did come.

about 1:35 am: I woke up thinking I had wet my pants and was annoyed at how small my bladder had become
1:40 am: began to question if it really was pee when I noticed how much there was, but also started freaking out a little because I didn't want it to be my water broken.
1:50 am: had another gush and realized this was not pee (seriously...there is no way my bladder could have held that much) - definitely my water had broken.
1:51 am: woke Tommy up in a crying panic. He sat straight up in bed and was simply excited as I was freaking out. He just got a huge smile on his face and said, "babe, we're going to have a baby today!" He started packing our bags as I sat crying and not knowing what to do (yeah I was completely useless). I finally got ahold of myself and realized it wasn't a horrible thing that it was already happening.
2:22 am: left for the hospital
2:36 am: checked into our room
2:46 am: nurse checked and my water was definitely broken and was at a 4. Let the waiting begin...
3:27 am: first ice chips. :)
6:20 am: requested epidural and tried to rest
11:50 am: finally fully dilated and ready to push
about 2:30 pm: Dr told us he was a little stuck and it would take a lot longer to get him out unless they used forceps or the vacuum. He was down far enough that the vacuum was the best option.
2:50 pm: Bradley was born!


As soon as the Dr saw how big he was he agreed that my due date was off . However, Bradley was officially 36 weeks and 4 days on all the information, so they still treated him like a preemie. They ran a few extra tests and had to keep him in the hospital for the full 48 hours.


I have recovered fairly quickly and have really enjoyed not being pregnant anymore. I really didn't even mind being pregnant very much, but now that I'm not, it is so wonderful!


The timing ended up being quite perfect for us. Monday through Wednesday, we had been up at Aspen Grove for Tommy's big conference he puts on for his job. All along he had been praying that Bradley wouldn't come until after FOL and the whole time we were up there people were so concerned I was going to go into labor. I thought it was a little silly because I really didn't expect to have the baby for another 2 weeks or so. But Bradley decided to come the night we got back! It worked out really well though because Tommy wasn't working anymore that week and school didn't start until Monday. So Tommy was able to be with us the whole time and not miss anything.

Going home from the hospital!
We love Bradley so much and have loved the transition to this new phase of our lives. He is a fun and amazing addition to our family.

6 comments:

rozanny said...

He's such a cutie! Congrats!

Skousen Seven said...

So happy for you and Tommy!! He is such a handsome little Montoya:) Can't wait to see him when you come to visit!!

Lissa said...

Congratulations, Jill! He's such a sweet baby! And he's got an awesome mommy! =)

John said...

Congratulations, he is such a cute baby!

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

So fun... I had the same reaction when my water broke in the middle of the night, 4 weeks early with Avery... I freaked out, then cried, then eventually got it together. Congrats... cant wait for all the little babies to meet hopefully at christmas time!

Glenene said...

Can't wait to meet him!