I completely forgot I had started this post several weeks ago! On Saturday, April 23rd I did my last project for my internship: the Provo City Easter Egg Hunt. This event = absolute craziness. Seriously. There are so many kids and crazy parents who think they deserve something special. However, it was successful and fun. The most stressful part was that we were supposed to have 45ish volunteers and only about 5 showed up (we had a high school group that completely fell through). Luckily we have awesome family members and few others who randomly showed up to save the day.
We had 4 different age groups and all of them were packed. We gave out 15,000 eggs and there were still some kids who didn't get any. Then after the hunt we had activities: balloons, bunny ear craft, coloring pages, face painting, pictures with the Easter bunny, inflatables, and a baby animal petting zoo. Even though it was crazy and exhausting, the event was overall a success.
 |
| Helping distribute eggs in the 6-8 age group |
 |
| the crowds lined up ready to go |
 |
| Absolute chaos. |
 |
| Some eggs had grand prize coupons in them. Tommy and I worked this booth and gave out the prizes. Some of the kids were so excited by what they won. |
 |
| And luckily my brother David, Liz, and Jessica were able to be there. |
 |
| With the baby animals. She is so cute! |
 |
| Bunny Ear Craft |
My internship was such a great experience. I loved working with Provo City and putting on events. I especially loved the people I worked with and how much fun we had. I am so grateful I was able to work there and get such good experience. So fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment