I started sewing a nursery set for my future children when I was a teenager for a Personal Progress project. I got my required 10 hours on the project and put it away unfinished. On new year's eve day, I finished it! I love how it turned out and I think it is adorable. I can't wait to actually use it. BUT no, I am not announcing anything.
| I really love the material. Makes me happy. :) |
New Year's Eve is really fun at our house. It is probably one of my favorite holidays. We live outside city limits where it is wet enough that we can do fireworks. We do our fair share of black cats, roman candles, flowers, sparklers, and bottle rockets, but we also do the big fireworks. Recently a firework warehouse opened about 5 minutes away with very reasonable prices. It must have enticed all our neighbors because there were so many more fireworks this year than normal. People were doing fireworks periodically throughout the evening, but at midnight there were fireworks in every single direction from our house, including on our driveway. It was really cool to see so many beautiful fireworks over the trees and houses in every direction.
We also play a ton of games on New Year's Eve while eating M&M's, chips and dip, and soda. We will play games for about an hour, then go out to "blow up the world", as my dad calls it, for a little while and then go back in to more games. This process is repeated all evening until midnight.
| We also always blow up the ginger bread house. |
| Tommy doing a roman candle. |
2 comments:
We talked about New Year's Eve at the Robertson house. It is so much fun! Brandon says that we need to take up the Gingerbread house tradition but fireworks are really not encouraged on a military base.
Super cute Jill!
Post a Comment