Friday, December 24, 2010

Texas Living

We have now been in Texas for a week and have loved relaxing! We've had several days of doing nothing, which is exactly what we wanted. We've also gotten to do some fun things with my parents. The weather has been surprisingly warm. I wasn't sure if it was just because I forgot how warm it is here since I now live in Utah, but they have actually reached some record high temps for this time of year while we've been here. I'm not complaining though...I love it.

We've done the usuals: watch lots of movies, play lots of games, eat lots of yummy food, etc. On Monday we ate fajitas at a local restaurant. I have missed Texas fajitas and Tommy got to experience how much better they are than anywhere else.

We went to the Houston temple


Last night, we had a classic Texas experience. We went to this hole-in-the-wall BBQ place (which is sooooo good) and had their Thursday night all-you-can-eat ribs special. 

They were AMAZING! and ginormous. This dinner had to weigh at least 5 lbs. And of course they had the potato salad, beans, and plain old white bread.

 Just look at how big those ribs are! Tommy was in heaven. :)

And some of the mess afterwards. We had already wiped our fingers and face a couple of times.

It's been so fun! And the best part is that our trip isn't even half way over yet!! :)

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Yay! It looks like you're having so much fun. Those ribs look delicious!