Monday, August 16, 2010

Tommy Graduated!

Tommy graduated with his Bachelors degree this weekend! It was exciting, even though nothing feels different since he starts his masters program in 2 weeks.

The night before we celebrated by going up on campus to one of his favorite spots, eating cheesecake, and talking about his favorite BYU undergraduate moments. :)

Thursday was commencement. None of his family was in town yet so it was just me there for that. I really enjoyed the speakers, but I never did find Tommy cause there were just too many people and they all looked the same.

In his office before heading over.
Those windows are where Tommy has spent probably 50% of his time at BYU.



Friday was the individual college convocations where they walked. His grandparents, an uncle and 3 cousins came from the Montoya side and his mom, grandma, and sister came from his mom's side. It was fun to see all of them.
Tommy and his mom
Grandma Cox
walking in...kinda hard to see
Graduating!!!
Us with his Montoya grandparents
The Montoya side
And then Tommy and I ran off to try to find his favorite professor, Brad Harris...which we did. He is an awesome guy.
And it is a tradition at BYU to light the Y for graduation and homecoming. Tommy has always loved this tradition, but it was even more exciting since it was lit for him this time! (it is really hard to take a picture of it with a point and shoot camera...you still get the idea)

It was a great weekend! And we really enjoyed having his family here. I know it meant a lot to him.
Hooray for having one degree under his belt...now our full attention is on the Masters!

3 comments:

rozanny said...

Congrats! That's very exciting!

Trina said...

Jill you are such a cute little wife! I love you two together!!Congrats to Tommy!!

Glenene said...

Congratulations to the handsome son-in-law!!